Do 2 door Yukons hold their value?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am looking to get a camping/towing vehicle and would like it to be a 2 door SUV. I found a 1996 GMC Yukon SLT gas 4x4 towing package that is in excellent condition with around 60k on it. The SUV has some visual and wheel/tire upgrades and is fully loaded from the factory. How much are these things worth these days in this good of shape? seller is asking around 16k...seems high

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
That's exactly the problem actually, people seem to think they hold their value too well. nice ones are priced well over KBB/Nada values. I looked at these extensively for a while, i think skeezer did too. cool trucks but no space in them really was my biggest issue. would make a sweet tow rig or plow rig though.

edit: Id be looking at this if i were looking for a rig right now! looks and priced right.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...-miles-lifted-tinted-keyless.html#post2650632

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
KBB and NADA values are just for reference IMO.

If people are asking $16K for clean 2 Door Yukons, then that is the market price. It is just like clean Fox Body Mustangs, KBB/NADA probably values them anywhere from $1K -$5K depending on the year. The market is demanding anywhere from $7K -$10K easy.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
I agree with you about that greasy and im not saying its wrong im just saying its off compared to a 4 door yukon that compares very closely to to kbb/nada. nothing wrong with that persay, because people are buying them for that. you have no arguement from me, im looking for a new harley and values are all over the place compared to kbb/nada. :fu:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I am looking to get a camping/towing vehicle and would like it to be a 2 door SUV. I found a 1996 GMC Yukon SLT gas 4x4 towing package that is in excellent condition with around 60k on it. The SUV has some visual and wheel/tire upgrades and is fully loaded from the factory. How much are these things worth these days in this good of shape? seller is asking around 16k...seems high
You will get over 200k on that motor with just regular maint. $16k is a little high being around 17 years old, I would think closer to $12k. They are not rust buckets as someone else said, as long as you wash at least once a week it will be fine. I have owned around 5 or 6 Tahoe's and or Yukon's from a 96 to a 02 and never had a rust problem. I'm actually in the market for a 2000 Denali rite now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1999 Chevy 2 Door Tahoe 4x4!!! - $8500 (Mt. Greenwood)

3G83La3H35Nb5Ff5Mdd3mfbfd81cd5d15183d.jpg

I do not know where to start with this beautiful 1999 2 door Chevy Tahoe. Everything has been recently redone and is in tip top shape. There is 104xxx miles on the car. All leather interior, brand new tires and rims, 3" lift kit, 33" Mudding tires( LT 285/75R16 Load Range D BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tires), Rims are Matte Black (MB Wheels TKO), Camo weather mats and steering cover. New Rear Shocks, new front shocks, Sway bar links, Sway bar bushings, Gearbox, Drive Shaft, Brakes redone, trans kit, all new ball joints, Tie Rods, Pitman Arm, etc. You name it and it has been done on this car, your not buying a piece of trash that will break down on you it is a car thats meant to last and run forever. There is too many things that have been done to this car to even name and I have all the receipts for what was done by the mechanic. The car was put through a a full body inspection and everything that needed to be done I did and more. If you have any other questions or if you need more pictures, feel free to call me at (773) 412-7937. The asking price is $8,500 OBO. Open for trade for Lexus or 4runner with cash on my end or yours.

Thanks Mike

Additional Features :

A/C: Front
Airbag: Driver
Airbag: Passenger
Alarm
Off Road Tires
Anti-Lock Brakes
Bucket Seats (Leather)
CD Player
Cruise Control
Power Locks
Power Seats
Power Steering
Power Windows
Premium Sound
Rear Window Defroster
All-Terrain Camo Weather Mats
Camo Steering cover

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info