Car was vandalized, finally have it back.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Over Thanksgiving weekend a month ago some drunk assholes were attempting to through stones over a highway sound barrier. Only, they didn't make it and the stones were bouncing off the wall and landing on my car. The damage seems minor till you get to the actual repair bill.

The Hood, front windscreen, fenders, doors, roof, 1/4 panels, trunk lid, and rear bumper all took damages in small spots, though the passenger 1/4 panel had the most damage. All in all, it was a lot of little SMALL dings and scratches vs one big hit. This required that every panel except for the front bumper get painted.

8221261858_df2cc83bec.jpg
8221262150_a019d8c527.jpg

8221816606_da82a92797.jpg
8221262408_5d1eef1475.jpg

8221815574_4fb6568115.jpg
8220739967_a897553ec0.jpg

The total damage was $3700 something to repair the car. I haven't seen the car in sunlight yet, so I don't know how well it blended, but it looked okay in todays overcast sky. Not that an overcast sky will show any mis-matched paint. Stupid metallic silver paint being a pain to match.

But while they were in there painting the car, I had them leave the badges off the trunk lid while they were at it, as well as the tiny "GM" logo that goes on the doors in front of the bump strips. I have the badges if I decide to put them on, but for the moment I like them off. I espeically like the lack of the Sullivan sticker that wouldn't come off the car. Stupid Sullivan sticker.

Before:
8293447912_0fd7894698_o.jpg

After:
8319161845_6e5d799b68_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
way cleaner

I like it badgless too. May put the badges back on one day, or just keep them for if I ever trade the car in.

The windshield got "debadged" too. Glass jerks took my parking sticker and cook county wheel tax sticker off the car and didn't return them. So I had to pay $25 for the parking sticker today (or it would have been towed tonight). And since the Palatine Township is closed until wednesday I won't be able to get a sticker until then.

Here's to hoping the palatine cops won't ticket me every day @ $105 a pop. I'm leaving a copy of the 2012 sticker receipt on the dash with a note hoping the officers will be nice and leave me be until I can get the replacement sticker on the 3rd.

But every ticket is going to be paid for by the body shop if I get any.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Village stickers are such a fucking joke.

Do not get me started on the "Wheel Tax" Damned thing went up to $80 a car last year. I went to the township to buy them last may with $80 in hand, $40 each for my two cars. Only to find out its $80 a sticker. No notification. I just about exploded into a giant green rage monster.

[YOUTUBEHD]TQXuazYI_YU[/YOUTUBEHD]

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That looks soooo much better without the 96 different rear badges. On a side note, Sullivan is the worst with those stupid stickers. I bought my Grand Prix from them and they had the same sticker on it. It had been on the car for all of 24 hours and was still a pain in the ass to remove.

It seems just about every major car brand has realized that nobody wants these any more except for Sullivan.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I tried to peal that damned sticker off when I bought the car, it had only been on there for 2 or 3 weeks but its like it had been stuck on the car for decades.

I always say my G6 is slow. But I forgot how fun the 3.9L can be with a 6spd. Nice flat powerband, not peaky at all. Front end started to side step when I rolled about halfway into the gas in 2nd gear. Go Torque Steer. Cold weather has alot to do with that. Normally it takes a WOT upshift from 1st to get the front end to walk. Still slow, but fun all the same.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
looks way better without the badges, to bad they couldn't shave the damn truck lock...looks so much more out of place now

I agree it would have looked better. However due to the fact that its my daily driver I would have opted to leave it in had I been asked. There have been times when I've used the key to get into the trunk.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looks a lot better badgeless. And fuck city stickers. Just don't get them like I do. But then again I think the burbs have less cops looking for dick shit like that

$105 a Ticket and they can ticket you every night. Also due in 14 days. Aka. You get screwed fast. They will also suspend your license.

I need to get out of crook county.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I don't like badgeless trunks, makes me think the car has been painted. Which makes me think it was rear ended and repaired.

I would much rather have it debadged, then having the idiots at the collision shop put the emblems on crooked or in places that are completely out of place! I see cars all the time with that.

Looks a ton better, I hope it ends up blending for ya in the sunlight.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Damn our city stickers are like $25. But for 2 = $50 adds up over time. The ones always inside so its not like they'd see it ever and ticket it. And the other I've never gotten a ticket for it yet either so I don't really care. If I do end up getting a ticket I'll still have saved the $ from not buying them over time. So its worth it. Unless I start getting tickets for it all the time

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info