Mecum Auctions

This has to be the first thread I am ever creating remotely related to cars :rofl: Please move this thread to the appropriate category in case I posted in the wrong spot.

This auction is known for taking place at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL. There is a good chance next year (and possibly coming years) they will hold this event in the convention center at the Renaissance Schaumburg!

Thought I would share this with you guys to keep in it in mind. Several of the guys I work with around here are big auto enthusiasts and go to it each year. They claim it's a pretty big deal and really fun to attend. Anyone else ever go?

Mecum Auctions::Collector Cars, Motorcycles, Boats and Memorabilia

Last edited by a moderator:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I got really hammered there one night, found these sweet elton john glasses and ordered like 50 bucks worth of taco bell.

5248_110662719110_5844169_n.jpg

The auction is st Charles isn't that far from Schaumburg so I don't know why hey would change venues unless they stop doing the pheasant run show.

Have you SEEN the Renaissance Schaumburg? Way nicer. Pheasant Run is old and moldy. Not trying to be biased since I work at Renaissance but a popular show like that should be strategically placed in a better venue.

It's not 100% confirmed yet but there is a solid chance it will be in Schaumburg next year.

BOOM.

chirs_phototour48.jpg

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I didn't even realize how big it was. I never paid too much attention to it, other than a baller hotel.

My g/f lives right around there, what was the big convention there a couple weeks ago? The Moretti's parking lot was being blocked off for convention traffic.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The auctions are fun and you can get good deals, even with the seller and buyers fees. The auction is st Charles isn't that far from Schaumburg so I don't know why hey would change venues unless they stop doing the pheasant run show.

I'm not sure what's going on with Pheasant Run, the Bloomington Gold Corvette show that has been there for the past 10 or so years has changed locations too. Maybe something with the company in general?

I didn't even realize how big it was. I never paid too much attention to it, other than a baller hotel.

My g/f lives right around there, what was the big convention there a couple weeks ago? The Moretti's parking lot was being blocked off for convention traffic.

We've had a few big events. The Schaumburg Business Association does an annual expo at the hotel and that was a couple weeks ago. We also had the JFA Jewelry Show and it's always packed.

I'm not sure what's going on with Pheasant Run, the Bloomington Gold Corvette show that has been there for the past 10 or so years has changed locations too. Maybe something with the company in general?

I don't know if it necessarily the company, Pheasant Run Resort is part of Interstate Hotels & Resorts which owns many different properties including some Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hyatt and Westin hotels. Shows and Expos will change locations now and again due to space needed, availability and just the overall feel of the venue. The Mecam Auction has probably gained lots of popularity over the years and might just need more space. Dont know those details nor can I disclose it.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Ahh. I didn't know PR was owned by a bigger company. Makes a little more sense now, bidness is bidness and maybe things just didn't work out. I'm sure attendance for Bloomington Gold was a part of it. In the last 3 or 4 years, it had rained literally the entire weekend the show was in town. But who knows the real deal.

I know Mecum has grown a lot in the last few years. It being live on Discovery HD, the auction layout has gotten larger like Barrett Jackson, and the showfield has grown a lot too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info