Anyone work at, or know of a shop near Lyons? Preferably with Dodge exp.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Long story short, while I was off work on disability, I nearly entirely pulled the Neon apart for goodies and maintenance items. Included, was a brand new reman rack and pinion. Flash forward to first start-up, the thing vomits every last drop of ATF in the system from the input/Pinion Gear top seal. The fucker is FUBAR out of the box...

Unfortunately, I'm now getting temporarily put back to work, while getting ready for surgery and sure as fuck don't have the time, physical ability nor the motivation to do it all again on the floor of the goddamn garage.

Any of you guys want to handle it? Or know of somewhere fair priced, close to Lyons, and reputable? It's a simple job on the rack. Shortened version, Disconnect struts from chassis, pull brake calipers from knuckles and hang from wheel well, remove (FOUR) subframe/K-member bolts from chassis and lower K member several inches. Disconnect steering shaft and lines, pull rack, replace and reverse steps. About a 45 minute job and easy $200 for someone that can hustle.

Any takers want to help this broke ass temporary cripple out? Any referrals?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Donnie
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list