Heat

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
clogged heater core, kinked heater core line, air in cooling system, low coolant....could be alot of things.

it would help if you explained this more in depth. does it blow out cold air at idle/under 30? or does nothing blow out?
also, what's the year make and model of this car?

Max

I'm Just Here For The Gasoline...
May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
Yah, what kinda car would help

03 GTP

Coolant reservoir is kinda low, but i dont have a low coolant light on

And it blows, not like AC cold, but cool, like no heat at all, when going under 30 and flooring it, blows hot like it should, and goes back to cool again as the speed drops

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
well i would suggest filling the radiator and reservoir if they are low. if they are both filled you might have air in your system or a clogged heatercore.
grab the inlet and outlet lines of the heater core, if there is a temp difference between the lines you have a restriction inside the core itself....

good luck

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
air will bleed out as you bleed the cooling system. if the radiators full when ya pull the cap its a bit less likely (esp if you dont hear the gurgling/babling brook sounds with the blower fan on low and reving the engine)

start the engine and as it warms up to operating temp (blower fan on high at this point) monitor the heater core hoses for temp increase, one will be hotter than the other, if both hoses are pretty damn close to the same temp as it gets hot its likely the airflow issue is in the hvac box/flap doors preventing the air from going over the heater core.

if one hose is way cooler than the other its restricted flow through the core and its just not enough volume of hot water to heat the air.

with your heat working better at wot (more or less meaning high wp speeds) my guess is dex is clogging the core.

easiest fix is to determine the hot/cold sides remove core hoses from engine (leave coolant in the core as much as possible, take "hot" hose and direct it towards catch pan, stick air nozzle into the "cold" side hose (aka core outlet/return to engine) plug partially with a thumb and blow through it.

this should backflush most if not all the debris/sludge through the core, dont use too much pressure to blow the core out Use yer thumb to bleed too much pressure. repeat with clean water till you dont blow chunks...

on the other side of the coin if youve replaced the wp with a valuecrap or eqiv i've had 2 in the last year loose fins from, or self mutilated their impellers, and what your describing is also possible with a bad wp impeller.

good luck, James

Max

May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
well, i assume the hoses you're refering to are the two that go into the firewall along with the silver AC line...

at normal operational temps, they were about the same temp, no noticeable difference

and i've replaced nothing in the motor, and it has basicly only been in for routine service and repairs from my wreck...no problems otherwise...is there a way to check the WP without removing it? >.>

I did notice my coolant tank was extremely low....so if i'm gonna flush the coolant, i might as well do the WP at the same time right?

Max

May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
oil was clean, just had it changed yesterday, so i dont think LIM

oil guy looked it over underneath and didn't see any coolant...but we did find out some tranny line is leaking oil, and my rear valve gasket is leaking....front one is fine because it was replaced under the recall...stupid they dont change both under that....they added more coolant to the overflow tank so we'll see if that disappears...

and we swapped the ignition relay with the fan relays for the cooling fans, relays were fine...taking it back monday to have the insurance guy look it over again for fans/washer fluid motor

and After almost overheating >.> and heat running on high, both of the core hoses were the same temp, hot as hell, so i dont think my core is clogged...

Max

May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
Do you know we have a 3800 section? I will leave this here because I got bitched at last time I moved a post. But if you got a question about a grand prix I would post in that section, that is what its for.

Bad Panda!

I has problem with car = Repairs section

I'm not asking how to install a radiator fan on a Monte

Lemme make this more "repairs" to keep it outa the 3800

My mom's Jeep Commander likes to hit 5k on the tac and will hang there before shifting to the next gear, sometimes for 5 seconds or more. The local chrysler broker says the car has no problems.

Max

May 24, 2007
The Wastelands
fuck shit cock ass fuck tits s0olz

i replaced my t-stat tonight....i thought it was a 180* because of where the temp guage said compared to my last car that had a real 180* (yes, i know how inaccurate the guage is)

it was a 195*....and while it did work, it was REALLY gummed up....

New one was a 195* i was talking to someone when i got it, so i wasn't paying attention =( oh well, no problem with stock again

after i got it started up, temp stays at the normal line....even after idleing for a half hour....fans never did kick on, but the temp stayed low.....though it might have something to do with the fact that it's like 1* outside....Time will tell...

And my heat did improve significantly at idle...though i think it could be more...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info