2013 GT500 vs. 2013 GT-R

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Where is Mook? I am waiting for him to come to the defense of the GT-R getting roll.t on in that roll race. Where are you Mook?

And where is the smilie of Mook swinging from a GT-R's nutsack? :dunno:

110911_2013_nissan_gt_r_4.jpg

:nutz: <----Mook

I have no photoshop skillz. So this is the best I got. hahaha I have to do it Mook! :bigok:

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You just gotta know that Pratt posted this, so the GT500 is going to have to win over and over :rofl:

Nah, The GT-R rips it a new one from a dig. No doubt the GT-R is impressive from a dig with awd. Especially against a GT500 with stock junk tires.

I really hope the boys at SVT are working on another project like the Ford GT. Something that could compete with these higher end cars. With the Cobra Jet 5.0 making 750(ish) hp and the blown version capable of 1,000+hp they have the power they need to compete. Just need a light weight car and chassis to be competitive. I would be besides myself if they came out with a 700+hp AWD car. I might have to cash in some investments if that comes out of the SVT stable.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Stock for stock, I'm not surprised with the roll outcome :dunno:

Would still rather have the Nissan.

Ya, Both are impressive. But who leaves them stock anyways? haha When I was at AMS the other day I heard some of the modded ones. I can say that a 1,000hp GT500 or 4V sounds VERY different than the 1,000+ GT-R's I heard. I know Marcus said it takes about 80 hour to tune the big stage GT-R's they build. I have to wonder how good they are as a DD. EFI these days make it much easier for sure. But those cars sounded crazy radical as they were pulling out.

GT-R is a class above the GT500 for sure. But Ford has come a long way with the Mustang. I can't wait to see what an all new, lighter and more capable Mustang chassis will do in 2015.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
GT-R is a class above the GT500 for sure. But Ford has come a long way with the Mustang. I can't wait to see what an all new, lighter and more capable Mustang chassis will do in 2015.

The GTR is definitely the better all around platform, but it's damn pricey to mod. Put a $100,000 into your 5.0 and it would be one hell of a car too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It isn't the size of the tire. It is the lack of force being applied to the tire. Traction is more about the coefficient of friction than tire width. The stock suspension geometry, weight bias and more are not set from the factory for optimal strait line, from a dead stop, traction. The stock tires are hard. That isn't helping matters either. Some suspension mods and corrected geometry help these cars a whole lot.

The added contact patch with say a 315 is nice to have. But if you can not apply force to get a 285 or 315 to help get the coefficient of friction up the extra tire means very little.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It isn't the size of the tire. It is the lack of force being applied to the tire. Traction is more about the coefficient of friction than tire width. The stock suspension geometry, weight bias and more are not set from the factory for optimal strait line, from a dead stop, traction. The stock tires are hard. That isn't helping matters either. Some suspension mods and corrected geometry help these cars a whole lot.

The added contact patch with say a 315 is nice to have. But if you can not apply force to get a 285 or 315 to help get the coefficient of friction up the extra tire means very little.

It's more about the tires than suspension geometry. You can swap the tires and leave the suspension stop and see an improvement. The suspension geometry on S197's is quite good from the factory.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It's more about the tires than suspension geometry. You can swap the tires and leave the suspension stop and see an improvement. The suspension geometry on S197's is quite good from the factory.

Ya, a stock tire will not hook as well as a drag radial or slick. But that is a huge difference in a tire composition and materials. But I was able to go 1.7s all day on 255 Dunlop GT Qualifiers with the 1983 Capri. Not because it was an amazing tire but because of suspension settings. I can take a car on a 28x10 slick and make sure it never hooks if I wanted to. It is not hard to do. In drag racing it IS more about friction than an additional 30mm of width. Most people are quick to blame tires for their short comings. Usually they have no idea how a suspension even works. Or how to optimize it to work to their benefit.

From the factory it has a good "all around" set up suspension. It is far from optimal for drag racing. The problem is when you add anti-squat to the car to add force on the tires you end up with a lot of front end lift. This causes issues where the front end comes up and down a lot when on and off the throttle. Bump steer. This is not what you want when on a road course or daily driving. Great compromise for many applications for sure. But not great is any specific application. Especially drag racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info