Question for car audio/tech people

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
So, a thought I've had for a while for my other SHO is to replace the cd deck and install a tablet in place of it. However, I am not really sure where to start looking on how to make all of this work. The car has a pretty decent stereo set up in it already, but I am not sure what type of stuff I would need to make the audio from the tablet play thru the stereo.

Would it really be as simple as just plugging a cord into the headphone jack?

Would there still be a way, either via software, or hardware to change the bass/treble, etc.?

As far as power, I would guess I could just hardwire a charing cord into a 12v source?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't think anyone makes stereo control programs/apps for tablets so you will need to use the tablet as your music storage device and run it through a new(er) head unit.

How about using Bluetooth? I'd research head units at Crutchfield.com and call their tech dept. if you have questions. They're pretty good.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
is your head unit aftermarket? if your head unit has a aux jack in the front then you just get a cord with a headphone plug on both sides and plug it in, if you dont have a jack on the front, then you get a headphone to rca adapter and run it off the back, if you dont have an aux input then you wont be able to do it with that head unit, any of those options you will have to use the tablet to switch the songs

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
lots of options.. There are ways to interface with a tablet with a new HU. Sometimes they can communicate and be controlled via bluetooth, direct connection or there is the option of using an AUX input on the HU plugging that into the headphone out of the tablet. If you have external amplifiers for the speakers already is to eliminate the HU completely and get an EQ/Preamp for under $50 and plug the headphone out of the tablet into the Preamp. I just did this on my Camaro using a Clarion Preamp/EQ and love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info