98 camry evap system help

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
My cars emissions are due and sticker is due in sept... so i'm trying to get this fixed so i'm ready. This is my kind of daily driver, i have a work van. this is my crappy weather car. or does anyone know if since i dont drive more that 3k a year on this car is there a way around having to do emissions?

CEL is on for evap system. my brother in law tested with snapon tool, idk what though. we replaced the solenoid near the charcoal canister and light came on... with his snapon tool we were able to check solenoid in the engine bay... not the rear.
I called him for the exact coded and description, waiting to hear back.
he did smoke the car for vac leaks, all seems ok.

Right now he is thinking diaphrams(sp) on vapor canister are shot.

So my questions and search for help is: does any one have any sort of hook up with toyota parts (current best price for canister is $350)
and does anyone have scan tool to test rear solenoid?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
what codes are being thrown? the canisters are so common on those camrys', i dont bother trying to replace individual valves/solenoids. if one is bad, chances are the inside of the canister is coming apart and gumming up the other valves.
spray the shit out of the lateral arm bolts with pb blaster. both have to come off the rear frame to get the canister out. it's a bitch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.
  • mat0485
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list