Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I am needing to buy a pair of tires for the Trans Am. I figured I should just purchase some DRs. But I was seeing which ones I should buy...

I drive the car appox 5k a year.
I go to the track maybe 2 times a year
I want something that hooks good on the track and street
If possible, do not want to sacrifice street handling (i.e. taking corners)
Prefer to keep stock size of 275/40/R17

Thanks for the input! :jg:

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
I had some Riken Raptors on my 16" ABS wheels for a while, they're cheap and didn't have any issues. I was also not concerned with taking corners in my TA. Maybe you should look into getting a Miata for that? :hsughlol:

If you're not driving in the rain, then any DR will do about the same thing since you're not really active on the drag strip. I think the Nitto 555r will last you longer since they're not as soft as MT/Hoosier DR.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I have 05r's and will most likely be getting some e/t streets next on a different set of rims. I hated the 05r's at first but they grew on me, I have them on my speedlines in the size you want and they work pretty good both track and street.
Also, not sure if it's just my car or me, but they are terrible in the rain lol.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
the only DR thats good in the rain, imo, is the 555r. never left me fucked in the cobra. but they still leave some stickiness to be desired on the street.

This
I had those before the 05r's and maybe that's why I hated the 05's at first because the 555's did so well for a DR that I never really noticed any loss in the rain.
But as far as performance goes, I could never pull shit for 60's with them.

Hell, I drove my GT in the SNOW with my 555r's and they did well haha, RUNTZ can confirm this