who has the slowest car?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i do for sure.

from http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/wagons/2003_pontiac_vibe/index.html

Part of the Vibe's cross-segment appeal is in its available all-wheel drive, but this feature can't be had with the 180-hp engine. In fact, the Vibe AWD has even less power than the base car—a measly 123 horsepower and 118 pound-feet of torque. Offered only with a four-speed automatic, the Vibe AWD is a bit of a road toaster itself, trundling from 0 to 60 mph in 11.5 seconds.

haha my goal for the pricks is to have it run the 1/4 quicker than my vibe gets to 60... or be doing twice as fast (120mph) in the same time (11.5 seconds)

sooo

unclarry... wheres your civic... wheres the pt cruiser, and mr hyundai, stop calling me out with your 15 second beast.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
From the Pontiac media site:

Performance accessory
The Vibe Supercharger Accessory Kit is designed specifically for the Vibe's base 1.8L VVT engine with the automatic transmission. This Eaton Roots-type supercharger provides up to 7.5 pounds (3.4 kg) of boost. Factory-engineered for a clean and cool look, this performance-enhancing accessory will help customers get more muscle out of their Vibe by increasing both torque and horsepower up to 35 percent. Currently, the supercharger is not available for the uplevel GT 1.8L VVTi engine.

"Pontiac Accessories are all about raising the level of fun and flexibility for consumers," Philippart said. "Whether transporting gear or people, the accessorized Vibe offers innovative features, strong performance and excellent cargo-hauling capabilities."
Available at Pontiac dealers

Get the intake manifold and just use your old M90 :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think Toyota and Pontiac had an accessory turbo or supercharger kit for that platform, and I don't remember it being too expensive. It only made around 180 hp, but that was at stock boost levels.

yeah. they say that it doesnt work on the AWD ones... its a s/c kit, and its around 2900 new...

or i have found one with most parts for 1400... its really surprising the amount of aftermarket support there is for such a weird car.

there are turbo kits, s/c kits from gm, greddy... headers, intakes from everyone under the sun, lowering springs... yadda yadda yadda.

truth be told, the only things i may do to the rocket is an intake, and maybe a header if i can find one that fits awd for less than 160 bucks.

o and id lift it and put some mud terrains on it too but i dont think that will happen too soon.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
i do for sure.

from http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/wagons/2003_pontiac_vibe/index.html

haha my goal for the pricks is to have it run the 1/4 quicker than my vibe gets to 60... or be doing twice as fast (120mph) in the same time (11.5 seconds)

sooo

unclarry... wheres your civic... wheres the pt cruiser, and mr hyundai, stop calling me out with your 15 second beast.

Excuse me? Civic? 11.5 second 0-60mph does best my PT Snoozer by .7secs (10.8sec). But if you want to have a slow contest i can try one upping you. Looks like i'm filling my car with bricks.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
My car may be in this 1990 chevy lumina with the 3.1L its decent but i wish they would have made these.
In 1987 however, GM was experimenting with a high end performance version above the Z34 to continue where the Z34 left off. The experimental "Z50" version as it was dubbed featured all-wheel-drive and an all aluminum 5.0 L 305ci LT1-style V8 which had 285 hp (213 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 N·m) of torque. It never made it to production. The whereabouts of these test-cars remains unknown.
If Only...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The supercharger for the Vibe is a bit different from the GP. Still gave my modded GPGT a run though.

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info