Anyone have luck with suspension airbag?

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
The one you install in the pass side spring.

For the past couple of years I have had traction issues that I can't figure out. Cars ass end tends to screech to the right when launching at the track.

I've only gone to the track 3 times (5 passes) this year always with the same results. I don't think the car is even that powerful, yet I blows the tires off every single time. Best 60' is 1.8xx hitting 11.2 in the 1/4. I kinda gave up after that thus only going to the track 3 times this year.

Car is a fox body with an auto. rear suspension consist of mac upper and lower non adjustable control arms w/ poly bushings, stock springs. tires were 275/40/17 mt et streets radials but now I have 26x11.5x15 et street bias. I have only used the bias twice with the same results.

Since it is winter I am trying to figure whether I should just sell the car in spring or work on it during winter.

Like most car nuts, I worked from the front going to the rear. Next time It will be the opposite.

Thanks in advance for any opinions!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
in answer to your original question, I have been using an air bag on the pass side since I installed te SRA. The car stays level on launch and launches reasonably straight. The bag is set to 15#.
I run 1/2 pound more air in the pass side tire too.
That doesn't really sound like your problem though. What air pressure are you running in the tires?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I would recommend a set of adjustable shocks/struts, I run strange 10ways and I set the fronts to full loose and the rears to 1 or 2 that way I have the best weight transfer.

Getting an airbag might help too, I run one on the passenger side.

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
I think I have found the problem by accident.

Moving stuff around the garage and leaned on the driver side front fender, the car didn't move down at all. I went to the pass front and pushed on the fender and I goes up and down fairly easy (push pass front down and the driver rear reacts). Did it again on the drivers side and the thing is hard as a rock (front wont come down so pass rear wont do anything). Something is binding in there I just got to figure out what.

All this time I have been messing with the rear and the front suspension may be the problem:eek:h:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info