Need help installing the rear lower control arm

gnx547

Jun 20, 2007
I'm installing the rear lower control arms on my 94 GT, and I'm having a hard time getting the control arm bolt hole to line up with the axle hole. I have the rear shock and the axle dampener unbolted and disconnected. I have one bolt holding the front control arm, but it is not tightened. As you can see in the pics the control arm bushing is almost in, I can't get it in any further for the holes to line up. I jack up the control arm and still can't get the arm bolt holes to line up. If I jack up the axle the control arm moves further away from the bolt hole. Seems like the axle needs to be pushed in a little so the holes will line up, but I tried a little push and kicking, it didn't do nothing. I used my soft hammer trying to tap it in, and it didn't work.

I'm stuck, How do I get these control arms in? Do I have to remove the upper control arms to get the lowers in? Any tips or suggestions?

2r3ig55.jpg

The hole is almost lined up, I can't get it in any further
30j5nd2.jpg

2ykb9r8.jpg

33fbb48.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info