question on head unit.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
is this any good? i'm not looking for much, just a cd player able to play mp3/aac's and have an aux. on the front for my shuffle.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8454727&type=product&id=1183767793144

or is there something in that price range you would suggest? i dont know anything about car audio, never got into it. i'd like to go pick it up today if possible.

also does it matter what wiring harness i get? the best buy one is $20 but ive found them for like $5 on ebay...can wires really have that big of a difference?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
crutchfield USED to be the shit but dunno if its still a good resource....ummm....ebay actually. i got my last alpine head unit on there for quite a bit cheaper then most stores...this was in the grand prix. i havent owned another car long enough to warrant a new deck :rofl:

skylineman34

Liquid Boost
Nov 12, 2008
Charleston, IL
Real Name
Donald Fisher
I would definitely try Ebay. My friend and I bought everything for his Cavi from ebay and it all works. He bought a Dual XDVDplayer head unit for under 200 i believe, which is like half off retail. The xplod's are good. I haven't heard any complaints about them. As for the wiring harness...that shouldn't really matter. It should just be a brand name markup. I would go with the Ebay one for $5.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
HD Radio is the shit, though you probably don't want to spend that much.
22476.JPG

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't know the least-expensive pioneer with the feature, but my pioneer has a USB for ipods and I'll I do is plug in the supplied usb extension from my ipod to the deck, and there's full control through the head unit and it charges as well.

Mine was around 250, but I know there were less-expensive models with the feature. The pioneer's user interface for the ipod is better than most factory systems.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
I don't know the least-expensive pioneer with the feature, but my pioneer has a USB for ipods and I'll I do is plug in the supplied usb extension from my ipod to the deck, and there's full control through the head unit and it charges as well.

Mine was around 250, but I know there were less-expensive models with the feature. The pioneer's user interface for the ipod is better than most factory systems.

I've got a Pioneer with the same feature and it was only like 170. Unforunately my ipod is too old and my headunit doesn't recognize it :rofl:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
and i physically cannot listen to the actual radio anymore. just looking for cd and auxiliary port. if i can find a mp3/aac cd player for a decent price that would be nice also; then i can just leave a cd in there for when i forget my ipod or shuffle.

Thats the great thing about HD, any station that has is has an alternate station that is commercial free. Though i don't remember what music you listen too, so it might not help you out.

JackFM has 60 and 70s
The Drive has Deep Track
WLUP has newer rock that i hate but others might like
Q101, more new "alternative" rock
94.7 has NPR

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info