New dumb AZ law

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
you midwesterners have your nazi front plate and tint laws, while as of jan. 1st 09, AZ will have this: i bolded the important part

28-2354. License plates; attachment

A. A person shall display the license plate or plates as follows:

1. For a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer, on the rear.

2. For a vehicle for which two license plates are issued, the vehicle owner shall display either of the following:

(a) One plate on the rear.

(b) One plate on the front and one plate on the rear.

B. A person shall display all license plates as required by subsection A until their lawful use expires or is canceled or revoked. A person shall maintain each license plate so it is clearly legible and so that the name of this state at the top of the license plate is not obscured. A person shall securely fasten each license plate to the vehicle as follows:

1. To prevent the plate from swinging.

2. At a height of at least twelve inches from the ground to the bottom of the plate.

3. In a position to be clearly visible.

So basically you cant have the state on your license plate covered up. If you actually get pulled over and ticketed for this, its going to be a $140 fine!!

I gather that the reason for this new stipulation is all the fucking speed cameras the state is putting up. they have to be able to establish what state youre from when it snaps your picture. not that the fucking cactus on the license plate isnt any indication.

and guess what!!!!
FILE0010.jpg

the "ARIZONA" should be where the chicago garage is at the top.

if i get a ticket im suing mook.

B

Bad00SS

i'd just tell the cop to suck it. i havent ever in my life had a front plate and all my cars have had window tint. sure i get pulled over for it but fuck em. i get out of it all in court. they arnt gonna tell me what to do with my fucking car.

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
i'd just tell the cop to suck it. i havent ever in my life had a front plate and all my cars have had window tint. sure i get pulled over for it but fuck em. i get out of it all in court. they arnt gonna tell me what to do with my fucking car.

what line you using in court? they had me there so many times for tint the next time i get caught its a big fine... like 500 or 750. forgot how much they said it would be but i have since removed my front tints.

B

Bad00SS

i have pictures that are not dated i bring to court. i have a stack of about 10 copies of pics. i took a pic of the license plate taped on my grille to barely hold it while i took the pics and also many of the stock glass with no tint.

front plate i tell them i bought the car this way and i put the plate on the very next day and here are the pictures judge. same with the window tint i tell them i removed it the very next day and i had bought the car this way. i have pictures to prove it has been removed also. so far its worked every time.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i've never had a front plate since i bought my first car in 2002. i got a ticket once when in long term parking at ohare, cop rolling around saw my back plate tag expired and must have checked the front for another. i put the plate up to the car and held it up with some twigs and took pics and sent them in as evidence of me fixing the problem and they dropped that ticket. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info