Are Modified FPDM's a joke?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I was just trying to research the same thing Zack. I have been for the past few days now. It seems like i keep hearing and seeing people running without them and havent had any issues. I just picked up some GT Pumps and with all this talk about thermal shutdown its scaring me into spending 225 on a modded FPDM and i really dont want to lol...

I see a lot of guys are cutting and splicing in dual stock FPDM's but then your altering the factory shit and IMO thats hack and will only hurt the resale of your car.

Hopefully some more people will chime in.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Interesting, I never believed what I read, but GNXS and I ran KB BAPS with stock pumps and 60# injectors and it supported both cars up to 650 hp. I can't remember if Larry ran a updated FPDM, but I didn't. Datalogs showed no major issues, but when you get to the higher point, upgrading at that point would be recommended.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I've been running stock FPDM on my car all the time , I just removed the plastic cover so it doesn't get hot inside there.It was on the car with twin SVT focus pumps and KB BAP for 3 years no problems, I have twin GT pumps with KB BAP still running stock FPDM now , have this set up for over a year ,never had any problems. I have spare FPDM and FRPS sitting inside the truck all the time ,just in case you never know.

I took the cover off my friends stage 2 FPDM and I didn't seen any difference between his and my stock one , looked like nothing was ever touched in there.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I've been running stock FPDM on my car all the time , I just removed the plastic cover so it doesn't get hot inside there.It was on the car with twin SVT focus pumps and KB BAP for 3 years no problems, I have twin GT pumps with KB BAP still running stock FPDM now , have this set up for over a year ,never had any problems. I have spare FPDM and FRPS sitting inside the truck all the time ,just in case you never know.

I took the cover off my friends stage 2 FPDM and I didn't seen any difference between his and my stock one , looked like nothing was ever touched in there.

veryyyy good to know..!!! thanks for the info... I'm going to run the twin GT pumps, take off the plastic cover and see what happens :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info