Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i just wanted a catchy title to gain attention for this thread.....with that said....what a fucking bunch of absolute idiots at this dealership...jesus christ

So the new 2007 C6 Z06 motor has been great........that is untill today.................

So I take the C6 Z06 in to a dealer in San Diego today 10-16-08. I just moved from FL to San Diego 2 weeks ago. About a 2600 mile trip. So I wanted to have the oil changed.

So I'm at the GM dealer here in San Diego for 2 hours and I'm like where is my car? I go and talk to the sevice writer and he says " it seems as if your car is leaking oil " I say " why is my car leaking oil? It had a NEW motor put in last year and I just drove 2600 miles from Florida to here in San Diego " The service writer was vary nice and alowed me to go and look for my self.

So I walk back to my C6 Z06 and I can not beleave what I am seeing. There is oil EVERY WHERE. So I take a closer look and see the " Master Corvette Tech " has taken the Sealed oil plug off the valve cover and I say to him " what are you doing, he says " what do you mean " I say " why would you put oil in the motor when you are to put the oil in the Dry Sump container " This Tech flys off the handal and says " I know what I'm doing I have done 100's of oil changes on these cars and I alway put in 6.6 qt in the motor on the valve cover " I'm like " look you have no idea what you have done or caused to my motor. You can't put oil in at the sealed plug on the valve cover, it's a dry sump motor or you will hydro lock the motor and pound a flat spot on the bearings. YOU JUST TRASHED MY MOTOR by starting the motor with 6.6 qt in the WRONG place. You NEVER put oil in a motor that has a dry sump, henc " DRY SUMP ". Than this " Tech " says..........and I can't beleav my ears " I can only fit 1.5 qt in the sump container. " I'm like " what are you talking about it can hold up to 10 qts.............. "

At this point I have the service writer and the service manager on line with GM, and low and behold I'm right the tech is wrong and the worst part about is the service tech turned the motor over with the 6.5 qt in the top part of the motor henc why all the oil is every where, and I mean every where. Than the tech says i will show you. He than puts 8 qt of oil in the Dry sump container and trys to turn over the motor but cant because it's HYDRO LOCKED............................

So now I'm just besides my self. So I call GM, file a complaint, thay give a case file number. I said to the dealer in a vary nice way that under no conditions will I take my 2006 C6 Z06 unless thay put a new motor in the car. Man I just had a motor put in last year because of a well documented failed oil pump.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2160002

and yea, he says C6 Z06 a lot :rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
oh i gotcha. You think he'd realize he was doing something wrong when the plug on the valve cover was sealed and all. Isn't there some sort of dummy sticker on that plug telling people not to do that?

ya no kidding, im sure it didnt just take a nice soft twist to get a sealed plug off

not to mention the fact that it is hidden under the rocker cover... ive done plenty of oil changes on LS7 motors and i dont see how anybody could have messed one up... it was probably one of those old washed up techs that hates computers and fuel injection and instead of embracing the new technology, he curses it, blaming the engineers for his own stupidity.

me working on an LS7 like 2 years ago:
M01A0132.jpg
[/IMG]
notice i am adding to the resevoir, not the sealed cap. also notice the lack of an external filler on the valve cover, because it is under the rocker beauty cover. also another thing this article fails to mention is the fact that chlorinated brake parts cleaner should never be used anywhere near that engine, or anything that comes in contact with the oil. the chlorine in the cleaner reacts with the titanium making it brittle and weak. we used to wash our funnels with soap and water before using them on LS7's because we generally clean them with brakleen after every use. somehow i bet the tech didnt know this

Last edited:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
that sucks i would not let that dealer put in a new motor i would not trust them hell they fuck up the oil change i would hate to see what they would do to the new one

I agree. I would never deal with any of them again. I would been alot more of dick to that guy too.
He should of went to the waiting area, got a bottled water. Walk back and drink it in front of the tech and ask him where his car is. If he asks why, tell him you have to take a piss and thought adding it to his oil would be a good place. If he says anything, just tell him you thought it was as good of an idea as him working on cars.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Now this guy was a certified Corvette tech? Don't they have to go through atleast some training that warrants them not being at every dealer? Or is there a Corvette Tech at every dealer? Dry Sump seems like a weird concept for some people, they should go talk to porsche techs who have dealt with that since um they first started making cars?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the fucking dipshit wasn't trained enough to know to put oil in the right hole.

so thats the dealerships fault how? i mean of course they are liable, but to go and sue them for ruining the motor? HAHAHAHA! good luck, after all the expense and time wasted getting a trial and such, he would be lucky to be able to get another oil change out of the deal. the dealer will obviously get him a new motor and they will obviously deal with that employee as they see fit.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I agree. I would never deal with any of them again. I would been alot more of dick to that guy too.
He should of went to the waiting area, got a bottled water. Walk back and drink it in front of the tech and ask him where his car is. If he asks why, tell him you have to take a piss and thought adding it to his oil would be a good place. If he says anything, just tell him you thought it was as good of an idea as him working on cars.

HAHA, that is hillarious. The tech guy would need a trip to the hospital if it was my vette. Some idiot forgot to fill my radiator in my old monte after flushing it about 9 years ago...they didn't assume responsibility so I got screwed out of about $2,000. This guy won't be so lucky on the price though.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
HAHA, that is hillarious. The tech guy would need a trip to the hospital if it was my vette. Some idiot forgot to fill my radiator in my old monte after flushing it about 9 years ago...they didn't assume responsibility so I got screwed out of about $2,000. This guy won't be so lucky on the price though.

Somthing similar happened to a buddy of mine. He had his car taken in for an oil change on time on his alero. The bastards didnt put any oil in it. And drove it back somehow. And on his way home it siezed. Needless to say as usual the place didnt take responsibility and he was screwed a motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info