??? on irs vs solid coilovers???

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
i'm at the final stages of getting crap together to swap out the IRS for a solid and I would rather not loose the MM coilovers I have already for the IRS. I've been trying to find out exactly what the difference is between the 2 setup's is.. I'm guessing its probally that the shock is physically longer on one of them but I can't seem to get a straight answer right now. Does anyone have first hand knowledge on this??. From what I can tell, it looks like the shock mounting brackets on a solid rear can be moved up or down. Has anyone messed around with this before???

RAPER

Regular
Jan 12, 2008
Rockford-ish
I've searched for nearly 4 hours now total and I think I know whats different between the 2 shocks. The Solid rear shocks are "softer" because they are used with the "softer" spring in the GT or Mach 1 rear. The IRS factory springs are stiffer so they get a "stiffer" shock to help compliment the spring.
I think my springs that I have now will work with what I'm wanting to do because they are just about the same spring rate as the Mach 1 springs. What wont work well is the shocks. THe bilsteins won't dampen properly. I could use them as a temp, but I'll just order what I need and call it a day.

Anyone try out Strange's 10 way adjustable shocks??? thinking about going that route. They have an attractive price point, about $300 without springs (which mine will work properly)

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
To answer the Q about the diff in IRS vs SRA shocks. The lower mounting hole on the IRS shock is bigger in dia. They also are valved different like you said. I run strange 10 ways on my sra and love them. easy to adjust and can really feel the changes in settings. I also have coilovers in front with strange 10 ways as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info