Fucking sweet...

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Well... I had an issue with my throttle shaft leaking vacuum/boost because of old dried/cracked seals. So, I took a spare throttle body that I had and rebuilt it with new seals. After swapping throttle bodies I turned the key on, opened up my gameboy (interface for DTEC tuner) and left the key on for about 3 or 4 minutes at which point I started to smell burnt electronics. Never started the vehicle. Turned the key off, disconnected the battery and found some smoke under the dash by the PCM. Pulled the PCM and took off the cover to find this...

2nl4y8g.jpg

29uvya1.jpg

14jypp1.jpg

After talking with some people I have come to find it's a driver for the ISC (Idle Speed Control). Tested my ISC and found low resistance in one of the coils which inevitably resulted in the smoked ECU.

I guess I should have swapped all the old sensors over from my original throttle body. :tear:

This comes at an absolutely perfect time because I'm set to race in a tournament which I'm points leader for my class on Friday. Final race of the year. Looks like that won't be happening.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
My bud may have a spare DSM 4G63T ECU, but I dunno how much good that'd be to you because it for an Auto car... Let me know if you could use it, He would probably give it to you for a baconator AKA cheap.

thanks for the offer! You're right though, an auto ECU wouldn't work correctly without being re-chipped. I found a guy that specializes in the stuff and I'm going to have him tweak it a bit while he's at it.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Shit man, you too?!?! That is a known problem on the 3000s too that burns out one of the EEPROM chips. I'm currently dealing with a limping ECU because one of the 3 caps leaked all over the board and ate up one of the circuits. It runs, but there's a few issues its causing. I replaced the one cap that leaked and left the other 2 temporarily. I need to buy a new ECU then I'll have mine rebuilt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info