Can anyone refer a Ford Tech for a side job?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
You will never have a problem with the stock oil pump as long as you dont let the engine detonate.

....just trying to save you a LOT of money and hassle. You are gonna have a kick ass oil pump with junk pistons and rods. Doesnt make a lot of sense if you sit back and think this through.

Besides the pan has to be dropped to remove the oil pump pick-up tube....which means the stock K-member is coming down.

eng943

Jul 31, 2009
You will never have a problem with the stock oil pump as long as you dont let the engine detonate.

....just trying to save you a LOT of money and hassle. You are gonna have a kick ass oil pump with junk pistons and rods. Doesnt make a lot of sense if you sit back and think this through.

Besides the pan has to be dropped to remove the oil pump pick-up tube....which means the stock K-member is coming down.

It's a forged stroker, so i figured the insuance of having a billet geared pump might be worth it.

I agree though, detonation is what causes the harmonics to go out and break the stock pump.

Makes me nervous at 600+whp.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
You're going to have a difficult time finding somebody to touch the car after you disassemble it yourself. You're going to have an even harder time finding somebody who will do the work at your place.

If you absolutely want this work done, I would suggest just having it towed to the shop fully assembled.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
whenever someone says their going to "most" of the work to save me time/aggravation it tells me one thing. their cheap and already their aggravating me.

save money on maintenance things that don't require a lot of know how and spend it on things you cannot do yourself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info