Rear end assembly..very noisy!!!

Feb 27, 2009
Okay im have to issue with my whole rear end assembly. i have found out exactly where its coming from.....

when im in motion and i make the car jerky like if i tap the gas pedal and release repeatedly i can feel and hear like the whole rear end moving back and forth.... i jack it up one time and look around everywhere and try moving it myself but NOTHING...so maybe someone can help me out and give me some kind of ideas what is can possibly be?

thanx everyone..

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
the noise sounds like a really loose hatch...the kid i bought it from was convenced that the hatch was loose...or tried to convince me the hatch was looose but definatly not

Ah yes, almost like the hatch is rattling? Check your torque boxes. Mine were starting to tear and I had a rattle in the back like my hatch was loose or something. If that is the case you need to have a shop weld them up for you.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
SWEET!!!!! thanx guys when i get a chance to go out to my buddies house i will definatly check out the box....how can i check to make sure that its the trq box or not?

The torque boxes are the points where the control arms connect to the body of the car. Look for any torn welds or loose/jagged metal. They are only spot welded to the body from the factory. If you launch/hook the car hard over time they will start to rip apart. Hope that helps man.

Feb 27, 2009
The torque boxes are the points where the control arms connect to the body of the car. Look for any torn welds or loose/jagged metal. They are only spot welded to the body from the factory. If you launch/hook the car hard over time they will start to rip apart. Hope that helps man.

definaly that just puts it in total plain view for my i will be checking this out in about a weekend...i get to see my car a week at a time for like 1 day.....its at my buddies house in posen and i live in bolingbrook so yeah....

Feb 27, 2009
Back in the days I use to run south side bars and this happened to me. You should be able to replace them with a reinforced one.

freakin sweet!!! the car i believe will be sitting out from now on..so i will be repairing and upgrading from here on out... thanks alot guys im just a rockie mechanic try to learn as much as possible and this one i could find out on my own...thats why i got CSVT/CMC....MUSTANG EXPERTS!!!!:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FurstOnRaceDay
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list