Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bill Heard Enterprises sells more Chevy cars and trucks than any dealer in the world, but that distinction isn't enough to keep the doors open at the dealer's 13 stores. The soft economy, fuel prices and an over-reliance on the sales of trucks and SUVs were the reasons stated for the demise of these Chevy superstores. Another possible reason for the mass closure could have something to do with a pending suit against Bill Heard Enterprises involving signature forgery and deceptive marketing that could result in up to $50 million in fines.

2,700 people worked at the stores, and now all of those workers are out of a job. The dealer consortium didn't give workers any notice, either. Managers were told yesterday at 2PM that the stores were closing, and the doors are locked today. Customers with vehicles in the service area were told to pick up their cars, fixed or not, and customers arriving to pick up their new cars were given back their trade-ins. What a mess. We know GM is looking to cut back on its overpopulated dealer-body, but we're pretty sure the General would want the situation handled better than this.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
A few years ago I went to schaumburg honda and I experienced deceptive marketing first hand. I had just totalled my si and was out with my dad looking at other cars and found a 2000 blue si that I liked. Went to take a look at it and they jacked up the price by three grand when we got there and said there was a mistake on the internet. FYI dealerships don't make mistakes on prices. Bait and switch. Needless to say we immediatley left. A couple of days later I hopped on a plane to New Hampshire and bought the type r

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list