đź“° Auto News Diesel Maxima on the way

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
From KickingTires:

2009maxima.jpg

Today, Nissan announced it will sell a clean-diesel version of its new Maxima sedan in the U.S. starting in 2010. This is one of the first Japanese models announced for the U.S. to feature a diesel engine. Honda previously announced a diesel Acura TSX would go on sale in 2009. With regular gasoline prices rising, more diesels may be introduced, even though diesel prices are skyrocketing even higher than normal gas right now.

Nissan’s diesel — developed with French manufacturer Renault — is said to be 30% more efficient than Nissan’s popular 3.5-liter V-6 which in the 2009 Maxima returns 19/26 mpg city/highway. The current price of diesel is roughly 18% higher than gasoline, at $4.77 a gallon. New diesel versions of Mercedes-Benz vehicles are selling briskly, and a new TDI Jetta is slated to go on sale later this summer.

There are a couple of new Maxima testers running around the suburbs, and I've got to say it looks really good in person. Although I don't know how appealing a diesel is right now until prices dip. Depends on the fuel economy increase compared to the gasoline Maxima.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
cool idea but near $5 a gallon diesel prices may hurt sales. It looked like a very promising idea when they first starting talking about it bringing back the diesel max. But this was when diesel was cheaper than gas. I wonder what the difference in performance is to the gas version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info