OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
dodge_hemi_side.jpg

Chrysler is set to release a new drag-racing package for its Dodge Challenger muscle car this July, which will be aimed at both professional teams and enthusiasts. The new kit is described as a modern day equivalent of the Hemi Dart and Barracuda package cars of the late 1960s and will be loosely based on the Dodge Challenger Super Stock concept rolled out at last year’s SEMA Auto Show.

The information comes from Chrysler spokeswoman Patricia Georgevich, who revealed to Edmunds that the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) is already working closely with Chrysler engineers to sanction the components for racing use.

Some of the specs flying around internet discussion groups include a new lighter chassis, weighing up to 800 pounds less than the production car, unique serial build numbers, several different variants of the current 5.9L HEMI and Magnum engines, and both automatic and manual transmissions.

Racing elements include a lightweight front fascia support system, composite lift-off hood with a functional scoop, an uprated cooling module with electric fan, new brakes and a set of racing seats.

Final pricing details and specification are expected to be released closer to its launch in July.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Will probably cost more than a viper while being slower, cool look, but not enough substance unless it gets the V10

IIRC the viper is no longer in production after this year, and I dont think this will be as expensive as a viper either. Probably $10 or so over the price of the SRT8.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
IIRC the viper is no longer in production after this year, and I dont think this will be as expensive as a viper either. Probably $10 or so over the price of the SRT8.

Your expecting a full race version for only 10k more.....41k for a fully loaded srt, I expect more like 65k+ for this version (the ACR viper is like an extra 40k+ so I'm assuming about half that change).....

I didn't know that about the viper, what a dissapointment

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info