Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
what can i say, its a slow news day

source (w/ pic):
http://jalopnik.com/cars/challenger-is-go-for-flight/spy-photos-2008-dodge-challenger-273280.php

Priddy's pride of spy photographers have already one-upped the KGP-caught mule from earlier this year -- now they've caught a production 2008 Dodge Challenger driving on a fast-moving highway. Here's the rest of what she's got to say:

"A Hemi V8 was no challenge for our photographer, as he was still able to snag a great shot of the upcoming Dodge Challenger on a fast-moving highway. And even though the pre-production Challenger was wearing a bit of vinyl - one can easily tell that the production model is nearly identical to the concept shown on the auto show circuit.

Dodge's all-new muscle car will be built on the new "LY" RWD platform in Ontario, Canada. Production will start in the spring of 2008 - and the Challenger will go on sale shortly afterwards as a 2008 model. Pricing is expected to start around $31,000, although it's rumored that the R/T models have all been pre-sold in the 50K range. A convertible is also expected to arrive in the not-so-distant future.

The official debut of the (production) Challenger will be on February 6th at the Chicago Auto Show - just 222 days away."

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
goatcheeze said:
what are the power number 6.1 hemi srt motor i assume?

The concept had the same 6.1-liter that's in the current production SRT models, rated at 425 hp and 420 lb-ft torque. Hopefully that engine makes it into production, and I don't see why it wouldn't. The concept's engine was mated to a six-speed manual, whereas the current production SRTs only come with autos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info