đź“° Auto News It's been real, It's been fun, but it aint been real fun. RIP SAAB.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Look%20at%20all%20the%20fucks%20I%20don%27t%20give.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
whats brutal to think about is for instance right now- at my shop, we have 2 cars there, both of which have parts that are not made by anything aftermarket, that have an indefinite backorder time with no promise date, and are not available practically anywhere reasonable.

if i owned a saab anything right now, i would have sold it yesterday.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
It sucked to own a Saab before they even disappeared. I talked to a dude at a&l that had a saabaru that was there for a few months and they fixed what they could and he was still waiting for some bodywork parts that were back ordered. He was able to drive it at least.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I kind of liked the new 9-5. It had a different look to it but Saab strikes me a lot like Volvo. They're over-simplified and low on technology. I wouldn't drop 30 large for a car without nab and what looks like a basic radio.

Hell, now that I look, the SUV looks nice too. That's a GM though, isn't it?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I kind of liked the new 9-5. It had a different look to it but Saab strikes me a lot like Volvo. They're over-simplified and low on technology. I wouldn't drop 30 large for a car without nab and what looks like a basic radio.

Hell, now that I look, the SUV looks nice too. That's a GM though, isn't it?

we had a bunch of 9-5s when i was with enterprise. they were cool i liked driving em a lot.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
whats brutal to think about is for instance right now- at my shop, we have 2 cars there, both of which have parts that are not made by anything aftermarket, that have an indefinite backorder time with no promise date, and are not available practically anywhere reasonable.

if i owned a saab anything right now, i would have sold it yesterday.

This is exactly what happened to me with the part i needed for my GTO. I found the last one in any parts system, catalog, dealership, small shop anywhere. It came from MN.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info