đź“° Auto News ZL1 and ZR1 fighter

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
THIS, there is no way that the GT500 will come close to outperforming the ZR1. They are two completely different animals. If Ford made another Ford GT, and put that motor in it, that would be a ZR1 fighter.

In a straight line, you might be surprised. With the SRA and gearing changes, the GT500 should be pretty damn close down the 1/4.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The Vette's IRS is the best available. I don't think the SRA is much of a factor. The weight and tires will more than make up for the 14 extra HP in the GT500.

SRA>IRS for drag racing. The S197 platform is superior to the Corvette from a drag racing standpoint. I think it will be a close drag race even with the extra weight.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The Vette's IRS has shown very capable of going down the 1/4 mile. SRA is better than IRS but the Vette's IRS is about the best set-up you can get. I don't see much of an advantage going to the GT500 and all is lost in weight and narrow tires. Put both on a DR and I still think the Vette can pull as good of a 60' as the GT500 and pulls ahead through the front half and the GT500 hangs at the big end but doesn't gain much. Obviously this is all bench racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info