đź“° Auto News GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept: Diesel-Powered Off-Road Awesome The GMC Sierra All

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept: Diesel-Powered Off-Road Awesome

The GMC Sierra All-Terrain HD Concept's a badass, no doubt. It's big. It's macho. It's American. And unlike the Ford Raptor or Ram Power Wagon, you can get it with a diesel engine.

Pointedly named, the All Terrain HD concept starts life as a 2011 Sierra HD 4WD chassis with the Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 mated to an Allison 1000 six-speed tranny. The combination produces a respectable 397 hp and a stump-pullin' 765 lb-ft of torque. Already a capable platform, GMC made it wider (73-inch track), taller (21.1-inch ground clearance), and tougher.

The suspension setup's designed for serious off-roading, with a three-inch lift, large skid plates and special Fox off-road shocks created for the All Terrain HD with visible remote fluid reservoirs designed to provide better handling and rebound. There's also an electronic disconnect for the front stabilizer bar should you find yourself climbing over a rocky surface.

Assuming you've got all this "go" it probably doesn't hurt to have a little "show." It looks macho, like a regular Sierra HD using the kind of medication typically prescribed for horses. This is helped by the crew-cab/short-bed construction and the 35-inch BFGoodrich KM2 "mud terrain" tires sitting on 20-inch machined aluminum wheels.

We expect it'll be built — but it probably should be a Chevy given the off-road truck heritage the brand already has. They worked with Fox Shocks, who tell us it'll be like the Raptor, but with even more power and capability. Yes, please.

http://jalopnik.com/5714343/gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-diesel+powered-off+road-awesome

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i really dont think it would "stomp the raptor"

its heavy big and doeesnt hve nearily the development that the raptor does.

and i am a duramax swinger fo life.

Why not? Sounds like the exact same suspension recipe as the raptor. Big travel, sophisticated fox shocks, big wheels/tires etc.
The raptor is badass for sure but obviously GM wants to go head to head. Maybe they'll bust out a hotrodded version with exhaust and a more aggressive tune and hit 4 digits in the torque department.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lol @ bullet proof allison.

ya while the truck is stock...

seriously. everyone on here should know that i love druamaxes a fucking shit ton. but to say that it is going to walk all over the raptor just seems ignorant. the raptor is fucking serious truck. not just a lifted truck with fox shocks. who knows maybe this one will have the insane suspension development that the raptor did... but at this point- who knows.

i really dont think it would "stomp the raptor"

its heavy big and doeesnt hve nearily the development that the raptor does.

and i am a duramax swinger fo life.

:werd:

x2 on loosing to the Raptor

:fy:

lol @ bullet proof allison.

ya while the truck is stock...

seriously. everyone on here should know that i love druamaxes a fucking shit ton. but to say that it is going to walk all over the raptor just seems ignorant. the raptor is fucking serious truck. not just a lifted truck with fox shocks. who knows maybe this one will have the insane suspension development that the raptor did... but at this point- who knows.

LMAO :werd: ...TO THE ALLISON SHOT AS IT IS WELL DESERVED.

:fy: To the rest of your post.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
How is an Allison trans not bulletproof? In my nearly 6 years at a chevy dealer where we do alot of trucks, only 1 time have I seen an Allison trans failure, and it was a 1000 in a kodiak with a huge crane bucket truck. Im fairly certain if that's what it takes to wreck one of those transmissions, a light duty truck that weighs 1/4 of it should not be a problem.

How is an Allison trans not bulletproof? In my nearly 6 years at a chevy dealer where we do alot of trucks, only 1 time have I seen an Allison trans failure, and it was a 1000 in a kodiak with a huge crane bucket truck. Im fairly certain if that's what it takes to wreck one of those transmissions, a light duty truck that weighs 1/4 of it should not be a problem.

Get out of the Stealership and out in the real world. They fail like the rest of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info