đź“° Auto News 2012 Mustang 5.0L - New lower price

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
For those of you desperate to get your hands on Ford's new 5.0-liter Mustang GT, it just got a little easier. Pricing has dropped for the base model of the 412-horsepower pony car by $500 for the 2012 model year, edging back under the 30k mark to $29,995. In contrast, the Premium GT model sees a price increase of $200 while the Premium GT Convertible is $700 more than last year.

While the 2012 Mustang lineup carries over relatively unchanged, there are a few updates to keep the cars fresh. Ford will be offering a new color, Lava Red Metallic, available on both the exterior and interior, while Sterling Gray Metallic will no longer be available. Ford has also added a few minor features like a universal garage door opener and sun visors with a storage system and illuminated vanity mirrors, and the EPAS steering system will now also come with three modes - Comfort, Normal and Sport.

The EPAS tuning has got to be direct from the Boss program.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/16/2012-mustang-5-0-comes-with-lower-price-new-features/

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
if im spending money on a new car, theres no way in hell im not optioning out that bitch. its a fuckin 2012... im not gonna deal with cloth seats and an am/fm/cd radio... that bitch better have fuckin navi and a gooch massager or i might as well just be buying a car from the mid 90's. and if i cant afford it optioned like that? i simply dont buy it. thats prettymuch how i am with any car.

its so sad at work to see people bring their cars in for service, and they are driving a 2009 cobalt with a base radio and manual locks and windows... like fucking hell, why not just get a loaded 2008 with 15K miles instead of buying a shitbox?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
if im spending money on a new car, theres no way in hell im not optioning out that bitch. its a fuckin 2012... im not gonna deal with cloth seats and an am/fm/cd radio... that bitch better have fuckin navi and a gooch massager or i might as well just be buying a car from the mid 90's. and if i cant afford it optioned like that? i simply dont buy it. thats prettymuch how i am with any car.

its so sad at work to see people bring their cars in for service, and they are driving a 2009 cobalt with a base radio and manual locks and windows... like fucking hell, why not just get a loaded 2008 with 15K miles instead of buying a shitbox?

I got my car with 0 options. Granted my car came with quite a bit standard. But when it comes down to it I don't want navigation, sync, leather, or anything else like that. I tried that route, going older with options and it was all fine and well, but I'd much rather have a new car, with a longer warrenty. I could've afforded more, but I don't NEED more. I have power locks, keyless entry, cruise control, power windows, and an AUX in, I don't need anything else

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
well thats just something i will never understand.... at least with a car. i mean, in reality a car is a luxary item. you could get by just fine with a base yaris but you want something better. to me i figure if im already spending 30K, why get the the same old shit that has been in cars for nearly 30 years? besides the warranty there is no reason for buying new. its like im already taking out a loan and making peyments... shouldnt i at least buy all the stuff i really want if im gonna make payments? and i hate when people lie to themselves and say that they dont want leather and dont want navi because face it, unless you are building a drag car or road racer (which you wouldnt be using a new car for anyway) those are things that are cool and make the car soooo much nicer that you would have to be a moron not to want them. but thats just the way i see it i suppose. id rather have something really nice and modern for 35k instead of just a base model new car for 30

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
well thats just something i will never understand.... at least with a car. i mean, in reality a car is a luxary item. you could get by just fine with a base yaris but you want something better. to me i figure if im already spending 30K, why get the the same old shit that has been in cars for nearly 30 years? besides the warranty there is no reason for buying new. its like im already taking out a loan and making peyments... shouldnt i at least buy all the stuff i really want if im gonna make payments? and i hate when people lie to themselves and say that they dont want leather and dont want navi because face it, unless you are building a drag car or road racer (which you wouldnt be using a new car for anyway) those are things that are cool and make the car soooo much nicer that you would have to be a moron not to want them. but thats just the way i see it i suppose. id rather have something really nice and modern for 35k instead of just a base model new car for 30

I don't want leather because I hate leather. Its balls cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I can't see spending extra money to be uncomfortable just because Its cool. As far as navigation, I get turn by turn navigation on my phone for free and it is piped through the speakers in the car. Again can't see spending multiple thousands on something that I already have.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
how did i figure that was gonna be your response? first of all, real leather seats dont get that cold or hot espically if you have suede. GM shit pleather gets rock hard and cold in the winter i suppose, but gm real leather is quite nice. and using a phone as navi is like one step above a shitty suction cup garmin navi unit. you cant beat an integrated system like a factory nav, considering it also does so many more things than just navi and radio

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
It's all about personal preference. Who thinks leather is cool? Lol a 16 yr old.... I think it's nice! No different than getting leather furniture. I have iPhone with navigation but how can u actually compare that to a integrated system? I understand were your coming from though, my mom or dad could care less about options. I spend alot of time in my car so maybe that why I want my nice options.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I drive a lot too; 300-350 miles a week. I know how to get to work and home :rofl:

Leather is slippery, smelly, hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Oh and I'm a vegetarian :rofl:

I'm down with like a built in mp3 player, aux in and cup holders. I also like when cars have smart places to put things.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
cup holders? what are those?
air conditioning? whats that?

its so awesome to have a car where everything is controlled by one or more computers...so when the BCM dies and you try to use your key for the first time in years and you snap it off in the door, im sure your happy you got all them gadgets/options.
cars are machines and people have a hard enough time maintaining control over them with all the lovely distractions all around them much less the one's inside the car.

comforts are nice but DBW and other crap have no place in a car replacing a nice cheep 5$ cable.
i still think automakers have the wrong idea for optioning cars....it was better in the older days when you could have what you wanted without having to step up to a higher "trim" package to get the one thing you wanted.

the mustang, camaro, challenger etc would in my opinion sell much better if you could get one without all the crap and just a good radio, excellent motor/trans.

not to mention it would be much better saving several thousand... than 500$

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Hard to believe I'm the only one here who likes non base model shit versions of cars

James is not talking about base model cars. I agree with him 100%. It would be much better if I could say walk into a ford dealer and want a mustang. Then add whatever I wanted, v8, 6 speed, etc. Not having to pick the premium package that's $3k more just to get say sync.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info