Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
source:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/20/paul-walker-weeps-california-turns-to-crushing-street-racers/

The state of California has taken a hard line against illegal street racing, the type of which has on occasion led to the death of innocent pedestrians and the racers themselves. They're employing a new deterrent to make these illegal racers think twice about competing on public roads – crushing the impounded cars of those caught street racing. This Fox News video clip (click this link to view) shows a local reporter present at the inaugural crush who appears a little too excited about the event compared to the disembodied anchorman whose voiceover we hear in the backgroiund. The tuned Honda Civic hatch is flattened quickly inside the crusher's jaws, the extreme pressure popping out its windows like eyeballs and some of the hatch's contents ejecting out the back like vomit. Fortunately, it looks like the aftermarket rims may have survived. The Ron Burgandy wannabe behind the desk says it best at the end exclaiming, "Half the guys in the studio are crying at what you just showed us."

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I just got back from a trip to Atlanta and while I was inhaling a continental breakfast at my hotel, I saw two tuner cars on TV stacked one on top of each other being crushed. It was a strange sight to see to perfectly good cars being destroyed, but the reporter said the cars had stolen engines are transmissions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info