Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
OK, we can stand losing the Impala SS for the 2010 model year, but we've just learned that the grim reaper at General Motors is also claiming the Cobalt SS Sedan. The news comes straight from the automaker's 2010 Online Order / Reference Guide for dealers, and we may yet find more models destined for deletion as people dig deeper into this online document.

While the Cobalt itself is at best a mid-pack contender in the small car arena, the SS version is tops among pocket rockets, a fact we discovered for ourselves when we reviewed the coupe version. Though Chevy didn't impress us with the first, supercharged version of the Cobalt SS, it made amends with the current model that sports a 260-hp, turbocharged, direct-inject, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. Not only is the powerplant one of the most potent you can get for the money, but the supporting cast of mechanicals creates a machine that's hardly recognizable as the Cobalt on which it's based. While the coupe is great, we've always preferred the sedan version for its extra space and utility, not to mention the fact that it doesn't look like an extra on the set of Fast and the Furious.

[Autoblog]

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Ive always liked the sedan MUCH better. Just like the article says, the coupes are a little to showy. I am a much bigger fan of the sleeper effect, but thats just me. I guess I'm the kind of person that leaves on the stock exhaust, pops on a set of the standard wheels and tires, changes the badging, and goes to town on some unsuspecting camaros, mustangs, and ricers.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Ive always liked the sedan MUCH better. Just like the article says, the coupes are a little to showy. I am a much bigger fan of the sleeper effect, but thats just me. I guess I'm the kind of person that leaves on the stock exhaust, pops on a set of the standard wheels and tires, changes the badging, and goes to town on some unsuspecting camaros, mustangs, and ricers.

The The Turbo Balt is made for autocrossing, that would be a blast and a half.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
datnats-driving-rear.jpg

So basically a modern datsun 510 with a direct injection turbo 4 cylinder.....mmmmmm....:bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info