đź“° Auto News Final Pontiacs Unlikely to Be Collectors' Items

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/openroad/post/2009/04/66086543/1?loc=interstitialskip

Just a day has passed since the news about the death of Pontiac, to be phased out in 2010. As happens at other passings, however, some of you already may be tempted to see it as an opportunity.

Solsticepg-horizontal

But one outfit, AutoTrader Classic, warns against rushing out to buy a new Pontiac because you think it will jump in value as a collectible in coming decades. Says General Manager Rob Huting: the Pontiac G8 GT may be a super value for the performance, but almost 12,000 have been produced over two years. It's not rare. And, he adds, it's not significant to collectors like, say, a Corvette, so it won't necessarily be worth a lot more down the road. He says the same goes for the nifty little Solstice roadster. Buy these if you want a good car, not if you're looking for an investment.

Open Road doesn't see any current model even matching the collectible interest of Pontiac's vintage Fiero, GTO, Firebird or Grand Prix. Check out photos of those and others in our gallery and let us know what you think with a comment. You can also send photos of you and your Pontiac to [email protected] for an upcoming photo gallery.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
plymouth prowler is rare and holding it's value. that's the only thing notable that they made, and olds didnt make anything great in their final years so...yeah.

Prowlers are pieces of shit, i don't find those cars at all desirable. I'll give them credit for trying to think out of the box, but in the end its a curvy piece of purple shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info