đź“° Auto News 2009 Cadillac CTS-V: Supercharged 550 hp

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
From Cars.com:
  • Competes with: BMW M and Mercedes AMG sedans, Lexus IS-F
  • Looks like: The CTS lost all its well-coiffed pretensions and now just wants to run you over
  • Drivetrain: 550-hp (estimated), supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 with six-speed manual or six-speed automatic; rear-wheel drive
  • Hits dealerships: Late 2008
Even though the CTS is priced to rub elbows with compact sport sedans like the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-Class, Cadillac says its CTS-V competes with those cars’ respective big brothers, the BMW M5 and Mercedes E63 AMG. Maybe that’s because the CTS-V makes an estimated — and just plain stupefying — 550 hp and 550 pounds-feet of torque.

Whatever the competitor, the CTS-V looks ready to rip it a new one. Under the hood, GM’s 6.2-liter V-8 gets an intercooled Eaton supercharger, and all power goes to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. With the manual, a dual-mass flywheel and dual-disc clutch aim to enhance the left pedal’s smoothness, but we hope the stick shift itself has improved over the regular CTS’ clunky setup. Like in the regular CTS, the automatic has paddle shifters on the steering wheel, and we’re impressed that Cadillac is offering both setups.

The CTS-V adopts the STS’ Magnetic Ride Control, which reads the road and varies suspension settings to match driving conditions. An optional Performance Traction Management system aims to optimize traction with an eye toward maximizing acceleration — as opposed to conventional traction control, which mostly just tries to optimize traction. GM’s electronic stability control system comes standard and includes a competitive mode that dials back its intrusiveness, allowing you to perform stunts you probably shouldn’t try outside a racetrack.

Styling changes from the freshly minted CTS include larger 19-inch wheels, a larger grille and the requisite lower body cladding. The cabin features deeply bolstered Recaro seats with grippier suede-like inserts, as well as dark Obsidian trim and a microfiber-lined steering wheel.

The CTS-V will arrive in the fourth quarter of 2008 with a yet-to-be-determined price tag. With the well-received CTS already selling briskly, don’t expect the V to sit on dealer lots for long.
2178202955_8dd91dda45_o.jpg
2178996236_230f810706_o.jpg

2178202877_95825b57db_o.jpg
2178203201_c258383105_o.jpg

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
i heard it shares the motor out of the corvette zr1,just not as much boost as the corvette,and is heavyier than the zr1

Yep, it's based off the LS9 supercharged ZR-1 engine -- they're calling it the LSA. I'm not sure what's different, but I'm sure changes have been made to make the engine less raucous than the ZR-1. I mean, the engine is going in one of the most refined and sophisticated Cadillacs ever built (new CTS,) so I would assume that it's a bit quieter and there are more provisions to keep the sound levels in-check.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info