đź“° Auto News Spy Shots: 2009 Chevy Camaro caught - interior too!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
[Source: Autoblog]

KGP Photographers in Europe caught a caravan of Holden test cars heading up to the Arctic Circle for testing, and lo and behold a pair of Chevy Camaros were along for the ride, as well. The truck was apparently unattended, as the photographers crawled all over it to get close up pics of the Camaro, including the very first shots of what should be the production interior. But let's start with the exterior, where we see the familiar shape of the concept that's been toned down a smidge for mass production. We're particularly interested in the C-pillar that appears to be the most significantly changed part of the car's exterior. The rear fenders look to carry on straight back as the greenhouse turns in towards the center of the car after the B-pillar. The effect is a pair of pronounced rear haunches that sits high atop the 20-inch wheels shod with 245/45 ZR20 Pirello P Zero tires.

Glance inside and you'll see a production interior that's remarkably close to the highly stylized retro interior of the concept. The two big analog gauges remain front and center behind the retro-looking wheel, for instance. The center stack, however, has been modified to accept a modern stereo and some useable HVAC controls, though it sits atop a cluster of four gauges giving the car's vitals. All in all, it appears that the production Camaro will retain more of the concept's flair than we thought, so kudos to GM for seeing it through.

camaro.fc.kgp.ed.jpg

camaro.int.dcu.kgp.ed.jpg

full set of pics
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-chevy-camaro-spy-shots/

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've been ogling these all morning ... mmmmmmmmmm. Interior is awesome, especially the four gauge cluster in the center console like the old Camaros. The interior door panels are schweet, too.

It looks production ready ...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I do like the look of the center console. The 4 gauges on it look pretty cool if their actually something important. the radio looks way out of place too. i'm sure the real production car will be much better. everything that comes from Holden is badass!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Judging by the suspension setup and rims, it also looks liek they're testing the V-6 models , so the interior shots may very well be from the less-expensive trim levels. I'm not gonna make any final judgements until the production versions are officially released.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info