Genesis GT Coupe Coming (Not Going to Have a V8)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Genesis has decided they want to power the upcoming Genesis Gran Turismo Coupe... electrically.

Asked if the Gran Turismo would be powered by a version of the brand's 5.0-litre V8, Donckerwolke played down those chances, instead saying the company was looking towards alternative powertrains for its future models.
"As much as I like to drive V8s I believe electrification is going to be a main element," he said. "Like the powertrain of this [GV80 concept] having a range-extender fuel cell for an electric vehicle or an electric powertrain is a great source. Hyundai and Genesis are being pioneers of fuel cell technology, being the first company that has put fuel cell technology in production and on sale, it's the way to go."
Those comments were backed up by similar sentiment from Genesis global boss Manfred Fitzgerald, who made no secret of his desire to focus on alternative powertrains to try and further differentiate the brand from its rivals that have a heavy focus on internal combustion engines (ICE), especially in performance cars.
"I stated once that alternative propulsion systems are at the core of this brand and I truly believe that," Fitzgerald said. "If you look at that and you look down the road at what is going to happen with the electrification of vehicles, performance will not have that dominant role anymore because it's a level playing field. So the ICE dominances of performance, that's going to go away."
He added: "The customer will be going by other things. That will be the brand, that will be the design, that will be connectivity, that will be the future hallmarks of brands."

Genesis Gran Turismo coupe coming

articleLeadwide-hyundais-genesis-division-is-planning-a-two-door-gnlw70.jpg

The Hyundai Vision G Concept may give some clues as to how the car will look. (It's a concept so don't sue me if it doesn't look like this)

hyundai-vision-g-hcd-16-concept_100521761_m.jpg

hyundai-vision-g-hcd-16-concept_100521763_m.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...o-skip-v-8-in-favor-of-electrified-powertrain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info