Edna Races Tesla Model S and Ferrari

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Reading is good:

The vehicle is used to showcase the company’s all-electric platform, which will be first commercialized in a luxury sedan and not a van, but in the meantime, Atieva benchmarked the van against a Ferrari and a Tesla Model S.

The startup describes the platform powering Edna:

“Under Edna’s skin are two electric motors, two sets of power electronics, two gearboxes, one battery capable of storing 87 kWh of energy and outputting over 900 horsepower, plus all of the software to make the components play nicely together. With Edna we are able to test various aspects of the powertrain system, including motor control algorithms, regenerative braking behaviors, accelerator pedal feel, and cooling strategies, to name a few.”

So they're just basically testing out their drive train combo in a van before transplanting it into their sedan.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
You have to keep in mind that the cars it is going against are cars you could drive home for over a hundred miles.
I have seen purpose built electric drag cars before, they use up most of that energy in one pass.
Now if they said "faster than tesla in ludicrous mode AND still able to drive you home" I would be more impressed.
So far they needed a van to stuff all of their gear into, so they don't even have the space savings down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info