Genesis future line up leaked

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Hyundai Genesis' future line-up leaked - ZigWheels

If this image is of the roadmap is to be believed, Hyundai might bring three cars by 2017 that will include a mid-luxury sedan named G80, a mid-luxury SUV, and a near-luxury sedan named G70. Going further, the Genesis brand can add two more cars to its arsenal, a near-luxury SUV and a near-luxury coupe, by 2020.

zigwheels-images-hyundai-genesis-roadmap-m2-720_540_720x540.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:rofl: yeah i also dont get "near luxury"? That sounds like a rebadged Kia with leather and power windows.

Why not just say "entry-level luxury". I'm interested how these cars hold up in the long term. They are super nice new, but do they become rattle traps after like 30K miles?

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
:rofl: yeah i also dont get "near luxury"? That sounds like a rebadged Kia with leather and power windows.

Why not just say "entry-level luxury". I'm interested how these cars hold up in the long term. They are super nice new, but do they become rattle traps after like 30K miles?

Well Hyundai is trying to make a big upward push by spinning off its genesis brand.
Go take a look at the Hyundai Equus, the 3rd year of those (or second when they got the bugs out) is actually a very nice car. Like a poor mans maybach, okay, not maybach, like a poor mans merceds cls 550. It doesn't even seem like a normal Hyundai.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Well Hyundai is trying to make a big upward push by spinning off its genesis brand.
Go take a look at the Hyundai Equus, the 3rd year of those (or second when they got the bugs out) is actually a very nice car. Like a poor mans maybach, okay, not maybach, like a poor mans merceds cls 550. It doesn't even seem like a normal Hyundai.

I know the Equus is a really nice car. I think its a good move to spin off a seperate "luxury" brand, similar to what Toyota, Nissan, and Honda did in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm just curious how they hold up long term.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
They called my uncle last year and asked him to drive a Genesis prototype for a few weeks and provide feedback (he usually drives a BMW 750).

He said he was blown away with how nice it was.

'15-'16 Genesis reviewers usually say something like "This is a Hyundai? It reminds me of a _____ (insert German/Japanese luxury car)."

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Because nobody clicks links or looks at forum titles... :wavey:

Hyundai’s new Genesis luxury brand is kicking off sales in the U.S. next month, when the mid-size G80 sedan hits dealerships. Of course, the 2017 Genesis G80 is really just a Hyundai Genesis without the Hyundai “H” badges, but Genesis is surely hoping that customers won’t notice that they’re getting essentially the same car for a starting price of $42,350—$2650 more than when it was a Hyundai. Luckily, that higher price does include plenty of newly standard equipment that previously was optional. The bulk of this newly standard equipment falls under the active-safety umbrella, as the base G80 comes with automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control. All these systems were optional on the outgoing Hyundai but required adding pricey option packages that drove the price up to $47,100. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability also are new additions to the standard equipment list. 2017 Genesis G80 Otherwise, the G80 continues to offer the same two powertrains as before, with a 311-hp 3.8-liter V-6 as standard and a 420-hp 5.0-liter V-8 available as an option. All-wheel drive is $2500 extra for 3.8L models, while 5.0L V-8 models are rear-wheel-drive only. Genesis has rejiggered option packages a bit, with the G80 3.8 offering a $4750 Premium package (which includes a panoramic sunroof, a Lexicon surround-sound audio system, ventilated front seats, and a power rear sunshade) and a $4200 Ultimate package (with fancier leather, matte-wood trim, a head-up display, and a power trunklid, among other items) that can be added on top of the Premium package. Strangely, the Ultimate package’s larger, 9.2-inch touchscreen precludes the availability of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, meaning that tech-savvy buyers will want to avoid this option. The V-8-powered G80 5.0, which costs $55,500 (just $700 more than last year’s Hyundai Genesis 5.0), comes only as a fully loaded model with the Ultimate package, and also gains 19-inch wheels and quad exhausts to set it apart visually.

2017-Genesis-G80-front-626x382.jpg

2017-Genesis-G80-rear-626x382.jpg

2017-Genesis-G80-interior-626x381.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I dislike hyundai and kia a lot because they always copied other car brands body lines and badged it theirs .

No kidding. From 10 cars back I can't tell if its a Mercedes Maybach thing. Then I get closer and feel cheated.

Kia is absolutely horrible about copying body lines. Just as bad as the knock offs that get sold in China.

Reminds me of the old 80's movie "It takes two"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info