EPA banning race car builds?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Yea it's all over the place now. Simple answer is it will never happen or pass.

My Trans AM has driven maybe 3000 miles since I purchased it going on I think 3 years ago now? It would not pass emissions by tail pipe or on paper.

Now my Chevy Cruze would pass emissions by the EPA standards. I drive 28k miles on it a year. My Cruze has polluted more than my "race car" has.

EPA mind blown.......

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
from the way that's worded I'm going to readily assume that they are targeting Street registered vehicles that have had the engine bays "cleaned up"
it essentially means that if you want to have it plated and Street drivable that guys with twin turbo setups would still be required to have EGR and air pump systems...etc.
for the most part it would probably effect mostly the states with inspection requirements. Visual, etc

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
from the way that's worded I'm going to readily assume that they are targeting Street registered vehicles that have had the engine bays "cleaned up"
it essentially means that if you want to have it plated and Street drivable that guys with twin turbo setups would still be required to have EGR and air pump systems...etc.
for the most part it would probably effect mostly the states with inspection requirements. Visual, etc

That would be a simple fix for those states that do not have visual inspections now to start requiring them though. Illinois could simply state starting Jan 1st 2017 all vehicles 95 and newer require a state inspection.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
#feelthebern big government woowoo

funnily enough i pointed this out to a guy on facebook and he's like ah big govt alright, won't cost me anymore anyway #bern blah blah.

so i show him under sanders plan even the lowest bracket pays a non-trivial amount more in income and payroll tax. plus some of this other taxes (financial transaction tax to pay for college) basically have a historical record of working 0% of the time.

i also pointed out that if he lived in denmark, he'd be paying so much in taxes, that he would probably never be able to save enough money to buy a brz, and if he did, it would cost an astronomical amount. and, denmark isn't even paying for a hyperpower sized military, so of course the same plans here would cost even more.

did he get it though? probably not... surely still feels dat bern

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info