Diablosport Adds Plug-n-Play Tuning to the C7 Z06

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
30 hp/20 lbs-ft. Plugs in to the OBD2 port. 3 settings.

Diablosport Tunes the Corvette Z06
The new Diablosport tuning package for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is available with their Trinity and InTune tuning devices. The Corvette Z06 tuning package comes with a trio of preset engine control unit programs that adjust things like fuel flow, air flow and spark timing to squeeze more power out of the supercharged LT4 without risking damage to the engine. The preset tunes are the 91 Octane and 93 Octane packages, with the lower octane tune adding 25 horsepower and 20lb-ft of torque while the 93 Octane tune adds 30 horsepower and 20lb-ft of torque. The third tuning option is a modified stock tune, which allows the owner to adjust the variable parameters as they see fit – a feature which can be very useful when having a shop create custom tunes.
In addition to adding power, the Diablosport Corvette Z06 tuning packages sharpen throttle response out of the package, while the “Throttle Booster” option allows drivers to fine tune the throttle crispness based on their preferences.
Finally, the Diablosport products allow Corvette Z06 owners to make adjustments to their speedometer for different tires sizes or gear ratios, along with all of the adjustable parameters included in the tuning suite.
The Diablosport Trinity with the Corvette Z06 tune starts at $599 while the InTune costs just $389, so for as little as $389, your 2015 Corvette Z06 can pack 680 horsepower and 670lb-ft of torque without opening the hood.

How to Add 30hp to the Corvette Z06 w/o Opening the Hood - Torque News

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
It's not at all a bad price, they're pretty nifty little handhelds.

What that excerpt fails to mention about the "customizable" selection, for having the customer or a shop "tune" it is: It's not at all that intuitive. It's there for adjusting certain limited parameters, not many of them at that, such as fan-on temp, speed and rev limiters, wastegate duty cycles and such. Very light on the capabilities as far as actually programmable points for fueling, timing, etc. For that, you need the CMR program on a laptop, and a deep pocket to acquire it. (Think HPT sans credits.)

I used Diablosport on some DCx and GM cars, including my skittle, if anyone is curious.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
What I got out of the article was the system provides a couple canned tunes that slightly modify the computer for slightly better power gains. That additional tune, as you say, is probably limited.

This system won't substitute for a real tune done by a pro tuner but it's a cheap, quick way to bump up the power a little.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Seriously?

Google or read the Diablo site...

he DiabloSport Trinity is one of the most advanced devices of its kind, featuring full re-flashing/re-programming capability, advanced data acquisition, and customizable gauges – all displayed and controlled on a color touch screen. In addition to the Trinity's extensive GM vehicle support, it's loaded with other features like programmable shift lights, multiple gauge displays, virtual drag strip, and live data logging. All this, plus the ability to get custom tuning done for it and your vehicle!

he DiabloSport inTune is the successor to the Predator. The inTune has all of the famous pre-loaded tunes and available adjustments as the Predator – in a smaller, more advanced and easier-to-use device! In addition to the inTune's extensive GM vehicle support, it's loaded with additional features not previously available in the Predator, such as TCM/tranny support, support for external gauges like a wideband, etc. All this, plus the ability to get custom tuning done for it and your vehicle!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Seriously?

Google or read the Diablo site...

he DiabloSport Trinity is one of the most advanced devices of its kind, featuring full re-flashing/re-programming capability, advanced data acquisition, and customizable gauges – all displayed and controlled on a color touch screen. In addition to the Trinity's extensive GM vehicle support, it's loaded with other features like programmable shift lights, multiple gauge displays, virtual drag strip, and live data logging. All this, plus the ability to get custom tuning done for it and your vehicle!

he DiabloSport inTune is the successor to the Predator. The inTune has all of the famous pre-loaded tunes and available adjustments as the Predator – in a smaller, more advanced and easier-to-use device! In addition to the inTune's extensive GM vehicle support, it's loaded with additional features not previously available in the Predator, such as TCM/tranny support, support for external gauges like a wideband, etc. All this, plus the ability to get custom tuning done for it and your vehicle!
Weird, they letter I got or how I read it looks like they released both at the same time and only had the one image.
Thanks

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
InTune came out in around '11? Much more basic unit then the Trinity and you can think of it like the F-35, ton of people bought into it, but it didn't perform nearly as well as advertised and they're still banging kinks out of it years later. It absolutely works, but most of the more advanced features were still buggy or disabled when I sold off all that junk last spring. Could have changed by now? Doubtful though. Long rumored to have been a stop-gap between the end of the ancient predator's production, and that of the then still in development Trinity. Diablosport was always defensive as hell about it (I actually got told to more or less "f-off" by one of their vendors/reps on them.)

Now the Trinity, the Trinity is a fucking positively titties setup. If I still had the Neon, it was going to be one of the next upgrades. If the intune is the F-35, the trinity is the motherfucking bastard child of an F-22, a UFO, a Supercomputer, and Arnold Schwarzenegger circa 1985. With whistles. And lasers.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
If I ever end up again with something that is supported by Diablo, to be perfectly honest, I'd grab a Trinity. Despite some shitty experiences and product features from Diablo, there was still more good than bad, and they are really streamlined products as far as PCM flash tuning goes.

I'd say fuggit and buy my own copy of CMR though. Email tuning is fucking obnoxious, even through the truly good tuners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info