Fiat/Chrysler Lowering Warranty Miles

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I read an article somewhere that this just isn't helping sell cars any more. Or enough so that the increased sales aren't offsetting the cost of the longer warranty periods. I'm sure there will be an initial hit to sales with perceived value vs. other brands but it'll taper off as time passes and other automakers follow suit

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I read an article somewhere that this just isn't helping sell cars any more. Or enough so that the increased sales aren't offsetting the cost of the longer warranty periods. I'm sure there will be an initial hit to sales with perceived value vs. other brands but it'll taper off as time passes and other automakers follow suit

i think it was on here iirc...

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My mom has a Hyundai Veracruz. My mother in Law bought a Veracruz as well because she liked my moms so much. My wife has a loaded newer Elantra and loves it. Its not as refined as a top level Honda, but they have come a long long way.

I used to work for Hyundai back in the day. 2006-2008. Right when everything really started to get better quality wise. I would purchase one in a heart beat. Service department was top notch as well.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I wonder if it has to do with people driving more miles and actually keeping cars longer. The standard you used to always here was 12k miles a year is the average driver. I feel that that number has increased. Ive done just shy of 50k miles in 2 and 1/2 years. Normal commute and weekend driving

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info