Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No shocker for this first one.

First, expect to see a hotter version of the Shelby GT350 in Detroit, likely called GT350R. Think of this as the already-hot Shelby with even more track-focused bits baked in – brakes, tires, aero, etc. Everything about the GT350 sounds great, so expect this R variant to be something seriously fierce. As R&T suggests, if the GT350 is the company's new Boss 302, the R is the Laguna Seca.

But this :noes: :noes: :noes:

But that's not even close to the biggest news. Road & Track believes a proper Ford GT replacement will debut in Detroit – a road-going version of the Le Mans GTE-class car the Blue Oval is working on for 2016. We've heard about this before, but having the street-legal car debut in Detroit would be absolutely huge news.

:obama:

The performance story continues, though, with R&T suggesting that the next-gen Ford F-150 Raptor will bow in Detroit. Details are scarce about what, exactly, the aluminum-bodied desert stormer will hold, but we expect good things.

I fucking hope so. Been waiting for this to happen for years.

Finally, Ford's hot hatches might make some news in the Motor City, too. Car and Driver seems to think the all-wheel-drive Focus RS will bow in The D, and that an updated version of the Fiesta ST will also show its face. Road & Track, meanwhile, believes the Focus RS showing will be saved for a European auto show – think Geneva – and our gut feeling is to agree with the R&T theory.

SVT returning?

All of these rumors point to Ford officially announcing its dedicated performance division – like Mercedes-AMG, BMW M, and so on. We've heard reports of a new, global performance brand from the company already, with the name 999 thrown out as a possibility. In any case, if these rumblings prove to be true, there's going to be a ton to drool over from Ford in January. Stay tuned.

Ford Shelby GT350R, GT successor, F-150 Raptor and more rumored for Detroit debut - Autoblog

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
galv5Il.gif

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Good for ford. Chevy still needs a raptor in its line up that little zr2 doesnt cut it. A rcsb 6.2 with or without a sc would be nice also.

My dad is a direhard GM nutswinger (always gave me shit for the Mustang and keeps giving me shit for the Raptor), like [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] blindly gargling Bob Lutz' :nutz:, but he told me the other day "I hate on Ford, but at least they listen to their consumers. GM keeps putting out bland bullshit except for the Corvette. The Camaro looks like shit. It always takes Ford to do something first before GM catches up. 1964, Mustang, 1967, Camaro. Lightning sport truck, Chevy finally comes out with the 454SS 1500. So on and so forth."

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes and no, Chevy has the Z28 Z06 and ZR2 that are awesome, but nothing else in their lineup compares to ford imo. Dodge has the hellcat, and i haz a feeling its 700+ hp will be old news in the upcoming year
You forget the rest of gms lineup. Caddy... Buick... GMC...
Good for ford. Chevy still needs a raptor in its line up that little zr2 doesnt cut it. A rcsb 6.2 with or without a sc would be nice also.
I'd rather have a crew cab diesel zr2 than a 6.2 raptor without a doubt... Because usability and utility...

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Those little trucks are ok for the driver and front passenger but thats it. I am not in high school and dont have kids in car seats for the back seats. No adult wants to sit in the back of a little truck.

How much more leg room is your crew cab zr2 going to have compared to the ext? because fuck little trucks

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'd rather have a crew cab diesel zr2 than a 6.2 raptor without a doubt... Because usability and utility...

How is a tiny truck like that more usable than a Raptor? The "Crew Cab" ZR2 looks like it has the same space as my Super Cab. I've fit two grown ass, tall dudes back there comfortably. Not shirtless though I'm afraid. Not road trip comfortable but definitely going places comfortable.

Weren't the numbers released for the diesel pretty much on point for the Raptor? 8000lbs towing vs 7500lbs? Raptor still makes more power and torque with it's 6.2 and you'll need to wind the diesel the fuck out to tow the same stuff. Also seems like a bigger truck like the Raptor would tow a lot smoother than a wily little hot-wheels toy.

It just seems like this would be the ultimate factory fuck around offroad truck, like the Raptor, except for Chevy versus ACTUAL usability.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info