Free Buick or GMC if it snows on Christmas

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The risk is limited to the number of cars they sell on those two days. Someone who works at a dealership may have a better idea what that number is like. Then, they take out an insurance policy to cover the cost if it does happen to snow. I assume odds are greatly against 6 inches of snow on one day at the end of December so the policy price will be based on those odds. Maybe it will cost them $1K or $2K per car or so (just guessing).

Now, they publicize the "give away" as much as they can and SELL SELL SELL!

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
The risk is limited to the number of cars they sell on those two days. Someone who works at a dealership may have a better idea what that number is like. Then, they take out an insurance policy to cover the cost if it does happen to snow. I assume odds are greatly against 6 inches of snow on one day at the end of December so the policy price will be based on those odds. Maybe it will cost them $1K or $2K per car or so (just guessing).

Now, they publicize the "give away" as much as they can and SELL SELL SELL!

December Normals for Temperature, Precipitation and Snowfall for Chicago

Average Christmas Day snowfall in Chicagoland is 0.2" over a period of 30 years from 1981-2010.

That means there has been 6" TOTAL over the 30 years. So unless it was 6" one year, and then zero inches every other year for the period, the odd's are slim.

Perhaps someone could factor in other relevant daily totals and do a more generic average, but I don't have time tonight.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info