Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lincoln has a similar situation with the MKZ in that almost all MKZ customers are buying their first Lincoln. That's a good thing. You need to keep rolling out with the hits for these stats to matter long term though because if you're pulling that customer once and then don't have anything to offer them when it comes time to buy another car then it was all a waste.

Cadillac has a great lineup of cars people can upgrade to. Lincoln not so much.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im pretty sure i was passed on 290, by a modded, debadged white newer turbo regal

wood

gm fucked up when they gave up on the ASC/mclaren TGP's back in the day...

pretty sure they'd still have pontiac if they had stuck out the component failures and released a second generation.

the ats woulda probably been released back in 04

id still rather have a turbo 3800 swapped catera and use the leftover money to buy like 12 more W's

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this doesn't seem all too drastic though...

That's the whole Cadillac lineup. And while GM has to be encouraged by the reception that the all-new (and hugely improved) CTS sedan and Escalade SUV are getting (up 39% and 30%, respectively, in May), the big drops for the ATS and XTS have to be worrisome.

GM says it's not worried. Cadillac spokesperson David Caldwell told me that there's lots to be encouraged by. For starters, Cadillac is backing off of fleet sales, in favor of more profitable retail sales. Through April, he said, Cadillac's fleet sales were down 40% -- and fleet sales of the ATS were down 95%.

Caldwell also told me that some of the slippage we've seen with the XTS and ATS is simply a matter of shifting customer preferences. Luxury sedans in general have been relatively weak next to SUVs and crossovers. The nearly 21% gain for Cadillac's SRX through May -- which, Caldwell notes, is an older model nearing the end of its life cycle -- is evidence of that.

True enough. And it's also true that the new CTS sedan is doing very well for Cadillac, and that's probably taking some sales from the other sedans. And at least as far as retail goes, the brand isn't doing badly: April's results were Cadillac's best April in retail since 2007, Caldwell noted.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i'd say domestically cadillac is absolutely shitting all over lincoln and chrysler without a doubt...

foreign-wise- bmw and mb oh and audi would be my only competitors if i were looking... and i think i'd wind up between a a4, 3 series and a ats before i wanted the mb...

lexus and infiniti have boredom'ed thereselves right out of the race.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info