New Corvette variant as well as new cruze & small vehicle to be unveiled in New York

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
New Corvette variant as well as new cruze & small vehicle to be unveiled in New York

:eek:

Just when you thought Chevy had shown us all they needed to cement the new Corvette Stingray’s greatness, they have one more trick up their sleeve. At this year’s New York Auto Show, Chevrolet promises that a “new variant of the seventh-generation Corvette” will be in attendance.

What it is exactly though, nobody knows. But we do know that it will be on display alongside the new Corvette Z06 and C7.R racer. The likely candidates are either a Z06 convertible variant, or less-likely a new ZR1.

The Corvette variant will be accompanied by an updated version of the Cruze and “an important new addition to our small-vehicle lineup.” Although, we’re not sure what that will be either.

Like you, we’ll be waiting in anticipation until the new Corvette hits the web on April 15th.

Chevrolet To Introduce New Corvette Variant in New York - Boldride.com

hmmmmmmmmm

watch 'em go the other way and introduce a stripped down stingray with a D.I. 5.3/LSx and some older trans and a cloth interior or something for 39,995 with a corvette club matching jacket

:rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Itll either be that extreme road race vette they announced awhile back Z06x or whatever, or itll be something like a grand sport.

Well seeing as they just announced the 8-speed auto will be in the C7Z, it's probably going to be the Z06 convertible for all the old qtip fucks who have 90k burning a hole in their soul.

I agree with both of these, but the thought of a "cheap" vette makes me a lil giddy. lol

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I dont see a 1LE style Vette coming out. But them calling it a "new" variant leaves the door open for a completely new model. Maybe something that will slot in between the Z51 and Z06. But that would likely mean a GS..so who knows.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The Corvette variant will be accompanied by an updated version of the Cruze and “an important new addition to our small-vehicle lineup.” Although, we’re not sure what that will be either.

Like you, we’ll be waiting in anticipation until the new Corvette hits the web on April 15th.

I wonder what this could be as well...

they are pretty heavy in the "small vehicle" category already between the spark, sonic & cruze...

rwd turbo 4 brz fighter could be kinda cool though... but gm would fuck it up.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
... :squint:

Anyone remember this thing?

chevrolet-code-130r-concept-detroit.jpg

They're going to take that, and like every other concept car going into production, they're going to take an anemic garbage engine and make it FWD. Kinda like what they did with the G8 concept back in the 90s. And we all know the shitboxes that came from that. :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info