2015 Chrysler 200 to debut at the North American International Auto Show?

Dragonkat

Car Life: It's what we do...24/7
Aug 17, 2012
Kenosha
so reports say the 2015 Chrysler 200 will make its debut appearance at the 2014 North American International Auto Show, commonly known as “the Detroit Auto Show.” Taking place in a renovated and upgraded Cobo Hall.

It's also said to have the same powertrains as the Jeep Cherokee, namely a 2.4 liter Tiger Shark four cylinder and a 3.2 liter Pentastar V6, both coupled to a nine-speed ZF-based automatic transmission.

front.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
and if that piss's ya off...then so will this
the rep also told me there " may " be an SRT package has well, saying that there is a team of engineers working on stuffing a HEMI into the new 200.

how about that a FWD SRT car!!!

a fwd srt?! thats never happened before!

except for the srt4 and the upcoming dart srt.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
We're all hating on the existing 200 which by all accounts is a rolling pile of dog excrement but Chrysler's shown us that they're able to make decent cars when they pull their heads out of their asses long enough and/ or not just trying to put a new facia on an old car and giving it a new name.

So maybe it will be awesome. FWD V8 hemi though? lololololololololololololol

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
so heres what I know...

Dart...
there will NOT be an Dart SRT... BUT, there will be Dart R/T - which is rumored to be a AWD Hatchback with 250ish HP - Mopar says the R/T will not be intended to beat the Evo and Sti, but rather offer a much cheaper but competitive alternative.

Chyrsler 200...
as far as a the current version that everybody on here hates its really just the old 200 with a facelift, really nice interior, and a updated V6 (280hp) Dodge did a really good job of updating it but none the less its still the old Mercedes JUNK (not including the V6)
As far as the upcoming Chrysler 200 model there are a lot of different rumors - and a lot of them depend on how Fiat Spa will re-structure the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/SRT brands - im willing to bet the upcoming Chrysler 200 will be a FWD with either a turbo 4 or V6 with the new 9 speed auto and possibility of AWD - It will be on a similar platform to the Dart, just longer and wider - the upcoming 200 WILL NOT be a Hemi RWD car

other news in the re-structuring...

Barracuda - which most people think is going to end up being the 2015 Dodge Avenger will be RWD and have multiple engine choices/rumors NA V6, TT V6, Hemi, 6.4 Hemi, and the new Hellcat S/C Hemi

Dodge Durango will be no more and will become the Jeep Wagoneer - which im 1000% in favor of as they need a fullsize 4WD truck that has some offroad capability!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Dart SRT?

The fact that the Dart's launch has been a pretty dismal affair isn't what we'd call secret. Judging by its mounting inventories and poor critical reception, Dodge's successor to its unloved Caliber has struggled since it hit the market. And while both of those are difficult problems to address, at least their cause is well known - the powertrain.

Even Fiat-Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne has acknowledged that the powertrain options in the Dart are substandard, admitting at January's Detroit Auto Show that the powertrains are "less than ideal." Leading with the 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder found in the Fiat 500 Abarth left a bad taste in the mouths of consumers thanks to the laggy engine and dead throttle response (to say nothing of the manual and dual-clutch gearboxes that needed more refinement). The addition of the 184-horsepower 2.4-liter Tigershark in the Dart GT has helped matters some, but apparently Auburn Hills doesn't think it's quite enough.

If rumors are to be believed – get that salt ready – a possible solution may be in the works. A report from Allpar is claiming that Dodge is considering fitting a Pentastar V6 into the Dart's engine bay. As the Mopar-obsessed website points out, the critically acclaimed Pentastar is available in three different sizes - 3.0 liters, 3.2 liters and the original 3.6 liters. We don't get the 3.0 here in the US, but the 3.2 can be found in the new Jeep Cherokee and the 3.6 has been seemingly fitted to every model Chrysler can shoehorn it into.

The thinking is that a six-cylinder Dart will deliver the power that customers are clamoring for, as it should, in either 3.2-liter or 3.6-liter vintages, deliver significantly more grunt than the occasionally thrashy Tigershark. Ignoring the precipitous drop in fuel economy that would likely come with a V6, we can't help but wonder if Dodge would simply be better off refining what it already has rather than putting in the wrench time to get a Pentastar and a Dart to play nice. Allpar also points out the new nine-speed automatic being sold with the Jeep Cherokee could help the Dart out, but that plan has its issues, too.

Perhaps the rumored V6 could be for a racier SRT model? If so, the fuel economy tradeoff would seem to be more acceptable if it were accompanied by better handling and more aggressive looks.

Dodge engineers trying to shoehorn Pentastar into Dart? - Autoblog

:io:

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
putting the V6 in it would be a bad idea IMO - the car handles great as it is and I think a heavier v6 in the front would mess that up - I haven't driven the 2.4 yet but I would assume its pretty decent - the 1.4T that I have in mine is laggy but the car is still a absolute blast to drive... and we've been getting 45+mpg!!! its not a performance car - its a econobox!!! and IMO is 1,000,000 x better (both driving experience and MPGs) then the 2011 Civic we had before the Dart - just get the 9speed and some new ECU programing in it to fix the lag issue...

if they make the R/T (or SRT) I think a Turbo 2.4 and AWD would be perfect!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info