2014 Z28 runs the 'Ring in 7:37......in the rain

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
We all know the Camaro Z/28 is coming. We now know it officially will be rated at 505 horsepower. And – finally – we know that the Z/28 ain’t no shrinking violet at Nurburgring:

2014 camaro z28 Nurburgring Chevrolet 505 horsepower published times 300x199 image
Images courtesy of Chevrolet.
This behemoth of a muscle car eats up Nurburgring like sauerkraut during Oktoberfest and demolishes such luminaries as the Porsche Carrera S and Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. Not bad for a car that weighs two tons, eh?

Here are some comparative times of its brethren:
Camaro ZL1 – 7:41:27
Camaro Z/28 – 7:37:47
C6 Corvette ZR1 – 7:19:63

Top speed during the course shows 161 mph. As you watch the video, you will notice the weather was slightly inclement too.

Of course, this shouldn’t be surprising to current fans of General Motors’ performance products. Their recent crop of performance cars shows that horsepower isn’t dead and never will be despite the belly-achers complaining about economic downturns, etc. If you need to be reminded, the Z/28 is the Camaro for the purist, decontented and deconstructed to be the driver’s car like the original the original 1967 Z/28 . . . but turned up to 11. With a huge LS7 7.0-liter small-block (compared to the ZL1′s supercharged 6.2) with dry sump lubrication, it’s loaded for bear (a Z06 Lite, so to speak).

With the new C7 Stingray and now this, it’s gonna be a great 2014 for the General Motors performance enthusiast.

Read more: NEWSFLASH! 2014 Camaro Z/28 Kills It At Nurburgring - Hot Rod Blog
Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

NEWSFLASH! 2014 Camaro Z/28 Kills It At Nurburgring - Hot Rod Blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj1h75vA1Jw

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is a road race car. Seems it works very well on a track. The weight reduction, brakes, engine and suspension seem to be set up very well. Although the "rain" comment is misleading. The whole lap was not in the rain. *edit* finally saw some rain in the video.

Have they said what the base C7 has ran on the ring yet?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
God damnit... For a fucking pig that thing is hauling.

I just can't get over the fucking coffin windows.

I've always loved the way the 2010+ Camaros looked. Finally got a chance to rent one when I went on a trip without the wife. I sat in the car and got right back out. Aside for feeling like you're in a coffin, I got this terrible feeling of "what if". What if I crash and I can't climb out this fucking 6 inch tall window?

I'll always like looking at the car but it's not for my lurchy ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info