new = junk

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I read this earlier, a lot of good points and a lot of good comments.

For me it comes down to one huge one... a new car has really nothing I desire over whatever I have at the present time, or can pick up for significantly less money than new.

My truck has one of the most flawless bluetooth systems I could ever imagine, thanks to a 299$ sony dvd/bluetooth media center :rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
imagine in 10-15 years when all the touch screen/navi/integrated systems are outdated and useless....good luck upgrading/updating without hacking a hole in the dash for a new computer with google glass compatability for the FLIR/sonar enhanced functions....

those new headunits/computers are gonna cost 4k cause they have to control 500 different makes/models of cars with their various navigation/HVAC/security interfaces...

the odd thing to me...is that now more than EVER before manufacturers are using the same parts not only across their own lines but also sharing them with other manufacturers...yet repair/parts prices are still going up....

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'm into all the new tech stuff inside cars. The only reason I'd ever buy an older car is because the driving enjoyment is through the roof (muscle car, sports car) or it is a el cheapo winter beater. I couldn't imagine having a daily driver that I constantly have to worry about rusting out or if the starter is gonna work in the morning etc....

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
My biggest pet-peeve about new car sales is all the purely money grabbing tactics.

Oh, you want a sunroof? Sure, no problem, that comes with our "sun and sound" package and is only an extra $34,000! It includes a cute spoiler, pin striping, a steering wheel cover, 3 TPMS', an "S&S" emblem on the trunk, and fuzzy dice along with the sunroof.

Bullshit.

The Outlander Sport I bought was the same deal, but luckily it was all shit that I actually wanted.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Lets see,

My 2002 F-250.

Roll up windows
Rubber floor
Manual locks
Ice cold AC
Hot as hell heater
2 wheel drive
Durable and trouble free 5.4L V-8
No leaks
Doesn't burn oil
169,8** miles
Exempt from emissions = Winning!

Why the fuck would I want some new shit box with a ton of expensive shit to break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info