Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not gonna copy paste it all but here are some excepts.

2014 BMW 4 Series First Drive - Autoblog

COqFGhM.png

The whole cabin looks decidedly modern and quite simplistic.

The 4's retuned chassis was simply wonderful, keeping the car flat as a pancake during cornering.

Where the 4 Series really separates itself from its 3 Series roots is on the road. It's not perfect by any means, and we'll never quite get back to the truly amazing dynamics that the E36 and E46 cars possessed, but the lower, wider, stiffer coupe takes all of the good things about the 335i sedan and just makes them better.

That added involvement comes at a price, though. The 2014 4 Series starts at $40,500 for the rear-wheel-drive 428i coupe. The 435i raises that number to $46,000, and adding all-wheel drive tacks on another $2,000 to the price of either car. Compared to the 328i, the 428i sets you back an additional $3,650, though that amount drops to $2,850 in the 335i/435i comparison. All of these prices are a few thousand bucks more than both the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Audi A5 range, but the 4 Series is a more modern, better-driving offering than either of those competitors, especially considering that the A5 can only be had with four-cylinder power.

But really, the added cost of the 4 Series is warranted considering that it really is more than simply a two-door version of the 3 Series. It might seem silly to break out the new coupe into its own numerical designation within the BMW range, but this truly is a case where it's not just about differentiating bodystyles. It's about putting the better-driving cars one notch higher on the totem pole.

lq0OhIS.png

RVUgbPe.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info