Got a spare $34,500? How about your own Auto Wash?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Turn your garage into a car wash/display case for only $35K.

.............. Home - AutoGreenWash? - The first in home, push-of-a-button car wash

_wsb_369x226_Lex+SUV+in+AGW+curt+Down+019+v1+web.jpg

_wsb_360x282_Demo+Unit+ed+3+small++for+web.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
The reality would be nothing like the manufacturer's claims.

You could fairly easily increase the jets' pressure to whatever output you want using larger pumps/smaller nozzles. Problems with a set up like this are the moisture and dirt.

Ever look at the inside of a car wash when you are getting your car washed? The walls, equipment, doors, ceiling and floors accumulate algae and dirt build up. Every commercial car wash has a maintenance program for keeping the wash looking good. Skip the maintenance and the wash ends up covered in brown and green scum. I doubt people who install this unit will be happy when, a couple months down the road, they have algae growing and dirt piling up.

Looks good when brand new, though.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The reality would be nothing like the manufacturer's claims.

You could fairly easily increase the jets' pressure to whatever output you want using larger pumps/smaller nozzles. Problems with a set up like this are the moisture and dirt.

Ever look at the inside of a car wash when you are getting your car washed? The walls, equipment, doors, ceiling and floors accumulate algae and dirt build up. Every commercial car wash has a maintenance program for keeping the wash looking good. Skip the maintenance and the wash ends up covered in brown and green scum. I doubt people who install this unit will be happy when, a couple months down the road, they have algae growing and dirt piling up.

Looks good when brand new, though.

perhaps their drying process would stop algae growth?

....or make it a giant petri dish to grow super algae?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Actually watched the video... Looks nothing more then a bullshit gas station car wash that never dries the car good enough.

They're trying to modify a gas station car wash for home use.

I have more car wash experience than I think they do and I know it will not work out in the long run. As I mentioned, commercial car washes have maintenance and cleaning services to keep them operating. A home wash would have less use than a commercial wash but it will still get dirty and have breakdowns. The curtain, for example will be a green/brown mess that will need cleaning often and replacement every year or two. Car washes drain into holding pits since you can't put the waste into a storm sewer. These pits need to be sucked out periodically. You will need a heater in the garage to keep the temps above freezing. The $34,500 is just the start of what will end up being an expensive and frustrating toy. It would be a lot more cost effective to hire someone to come over and detail your car every week.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
What they need to do is make the walls glass or plexiglass and pump compressed air in there to push the water and moisture out of a special drain. It did say it was humidity controlled so I doubt algae growth would be an issue, plus without natural light the algae won't grow anyway. I foresee more of an issue with grime and soap scum buildup like in a shower.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
What they need to do is make the walls glass or plexiglass and pump compressed air in there to push the water and moisture out of a special drain. It did say it was humidity controlled so I doubt algae growth would be an issue, plus without natural light the algae won't grow anyway. I foresee more of an issue with grime and soap scum buildup like in a shower.

They can say what they want. I have never seen a car wash that was not prone to algae build up even washes without windows. I'd also like to see how they control the humidity. You turn the water on to wash your car...you get high humidity. You have a pit full of water, you get high humidity. If they are running the waste water directly into a sewer, they are in violation of EPA laws.

Car washes are very profitable for gas stations but they are a pain in the ass to maintain. Most gas station managers hate them.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
They can say what they want. I have never seen a car wash that was not prone to algae build up even washes without windows. I'd also like to see how they control the humidity. You turn the water on to wash your car...you get high humidity. You have a pit full of water, you get high humidity. If they are running the waste water directly into a sewer, they are in violation of EPA laws.

Car washes are very profitable for gas stations but they are a pain in the ass to maintain. Most gas station managers hate them.

Well, one wash a day compared to hundreds is a different story. Id doubt it would be that hard to rig up a dehumidifier. This is not a commercial car wash, depending on the state it prob just needs a type of catch basin which could be easily built in when doing something this extensive. That or they filter and reuse the water. I doubt the car is just sitting over a pit of water after it gets washed.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I doubt the car is just sitting over a pit of water after it gets washed.

Hopefully not but that's what commercial car washes do. They recycle the water and have you sitting directly over the grunge pit.

I think it would be possible to dehumidify and filter but I doubt if this company is doing it properly. Not for $35K.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info