Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sure sounds like it...

Chevy Malibu Eco: Most disliked car of the year (so far) - Jul. 11, 2012

2013_chevy_malibu.top.jpg

Cliffs:

In its March issue, Car and Driver compared the Eco with five other mainstream sedans and rated it last because of its "claustrophobic cockpit," "barely habitable" rear seat, mushy brake feel, lack of steering feedback, inflexible suspension, and mediocre fuel economy

"The car is never much fun," wrote longtime reviewer John Philips. "It made us feel as though we were attending AA meetings to cure an addiction to Betty Crocker rum cakes."

We're trying to talk ourselves into recommending one. And we just might -- but it won't be the Eco. Because even though we enjoyed the Malibu Eco, we still can't see how the car makes sense, vis-Ă -vis the competition -- or even compared to other Chevys."

When compared with other cars -- even other Chevys -- Eco's shortcomings are stark. With a fuel economy rating of just 25 miles per gallon city/37 highway, the Eco can't lay a glove on the similarly-priced Camry hybrid, which is rated at 40 mpg city/38 highway. It also comes up short compared with Chevy's turbocharged Cruze. The smaller, less expensive (base price: $19,680) Cruze has a larger trunk and also gets better mileage: 28 mpg city/42 highway.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm just saying you're a shitty troll.

Here's an autoblog article where they liked it...

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco - Autoblog

:bowrofl: because

Mild-Hybrid Malibu Proves Only Mildly Interesting

That is a pretty weak like...

And because in my original post:

We're trying to talk ourselves into recommending one. And we just might -- but it won't be the Eco. Because even though we enjoyed the Malibu Eco, we still can't see how the car makes sense, vis-Ă -vis the competition -- or even compared to other Chevys."

Is from Autoblog. :hs: I posted this article specifically because it summarized a number of reviews.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I've had a Malibu rental before and boy oh boy does that car suck. It's as if they had a checklist of everything that might induce excitement and then decided to remove it all. It's cheap, it's bland, it's so slow that it was dangerous to merge onto expressways with, it rides rough, it's loud, it didn't get particularly good gas mileage because the 4 cylinder was so underpowered that you needed to flog it to keep up with traffic... It's just a not good car all around which is ashame because it's a decent looking car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info