3800 my turbo stockpile is coming together... (lots of pics)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my turbo stockpile is coming together... (lots of pics) UPDATE... little stuff happen

update on next page...

tial 38mm wastegate
95_1.JPG

a2a intercooler... 31x12x3... 2.5inch black piping

a8d3_1.JPG

turboxs rfl bov

f919_1.JPG

lil pipey do for the bov

F%202.5%20pipe%28gal%29.jpg

zzp z7 turbo xover

656_1.jpg

65lb injectors...

248_1.jpg

this lil pipe dealy to go right before the bov pipe...

img-306-0-large.jpg

catless tog downpipe for catback to downpipe mating with exhaust cutout...

549_1.jpg

m90 blockoff plate (thank you mat(fastgs88) for making one in your nutsoness)

something like this...

497_1.jpg

afc 2.2 for maf scaling...

m90 case that is a lil focked up...

so basically i need 3 major things and a few small ones....

1. turbo
The T3/T4 Hybrid turbochargers consist of a T3 turbine section, (Stage I, Stage II, Stage III or the Stage V Trim) and a T4 compressor section (T04B trim or T04E trim). This combination offers the low inertia and fast boost response of the lightweight T3 turbine wheel and the high-airflow characteristics of the T4 compressor family.
We stock T3/T04e turbochargers with the 62-1 compressor wheel as well as our new custom T04e-66 turbo. The exhaust housing is standard T3 4 bolt inlet and 5 bolt outlet. These turbos can be used with our swing-valve assembly or an external wastegate. Exhaust AR ratio is .82 and the turbine wheel is a stage 5. These turbos make impressive power numbers on 3800 motors while still retaining a quick, responsive spool.
To4eturbo.JPG.jpg

2. zzp z7 turbo downpipe

660_1.jpg

3. oiling stuff for the turbo

my goals are to run 12s how i drive my car around... 18s... subwoofer...

and stock motor.

then ill do rockers, get some slicks, take some stuff out and see what happens.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the rfl is going to drive you nuts...rodger has it on his srt4 and its loud...VERY loud

i barely drive the car really any more now that i have the caddy... to really put it into perspective, my konis are set at the jaw jaring setting of as stiff as possible... always.

im not gonna really mind the crazy loudness of the bov just cuz meh. i want it to be loud. :bigthumb: when i let off, i want people to be like wtf was that?!!?!?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice :bigthumb:

Keep the updates coming, I'm going a similar route next year.

I wanna go for a ride when it's put together.

most definitely.

once its done come drive it... i need to sell some coke or something tho to come up with the last grand er so i need...

ive got a lot of shit to paint too...

i want to paint my b-pillars, headlights, hood, valve covers, fuel rails, m90 case... yeah... blah blah..

i need to get pics of my fuel raills... matt decided to be awesome and donate a set of stock polished m90 rails to me, that i had to clean up, and put about 4 hours into them... but look greeeeat

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
You're gonna probably need other bolts for the blockoff plate...

I think you can handle that. I didn't know if they were standard or metric, or I woulda grabbed some from the shop and tossed em in for you.

Did you get the plate in the mail? I didn't hear from home if it was sent yet...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You're gonna probably need other bolts for the blockoff plate...

I think you can handle that. I didn't know if they were standard or metric, or I woulda grabbed some from the shop and tossed em in for you.

Did you get the plate in the mail? I didn't hear from home if it was sent yet...

have not gotten it yet, but the bolts wont be a problem... ace hardware and i are tight...

thanks again for the fuel rails, they cleaned up vvvvvverry nicely.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
KJ, did you ever figure out what you're going to do with your existing intercooler. I may give a full-sizer a try to see if that quenches my power needs before going turbo. But we'll see. I know some others had dibs, but just checking to see if that fell through.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
KJ, did you ever figure out what you're going to do with your existing intercooler. I may give a full-sizer a try to see if that quenches my power needs before going turbo. But we'll see. I know some others had dibs, but just checking to see if that fell through.

my buddy with the monte ss actually is getting most everything off my car...

headers, ic, fuel rails, m90, pulleys, blah blah blah.

sorry broseph...

his cars gonna be fun though... l36 with bunches m90 intercooled funnesss.

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How much do you have into this project? I am also down to shoot up there to help out.

so far... around 1600 id guess... i have about 1200 to go...

so completely i will have 2800 into it... ? ish?

i coulda bought more used stuff...or cheaper stuff to make it lesser (cheaper bov, lesser injectors, used turbo x over... yadda yadda yadda) but i have basically just been buying stuff as i could...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
update:

tinted my polished fuel rails... kinda like a black chrome thing...

018.jpg

ported my front...
008-1.jpg

and began work on my rear manifold... turning the last primary, closing off the downpipe connection... blocking the egr...

010-1.jpg

hopefully i get some of my commissions this week to put some more money towards it...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info